The boy who fell in love with his sister

Robert's POV

I lazily opened my eyes. I felt a body lying half on top of me, wrapping me in it. I had a terrible headache, but slowly the blurred memories of last night came to my mind.

Oh god. What did I do?

I looked down at Belle's peacefully sleeping form. I shouldn't have done this. She did not deserve this. I tried to remember what made us get in bed with each other. I think I remembered her telling me she was in love with me, but I couldn't really say if that was real or simply fruit of my imagination.

I caressed her face softly in order to wake her up. I needed to leave. I wasn't ok with this, I won't be fine with myself if I continue here.

"Hmm" she sweetly moved her head on my chest and opened her eyes.

She's adorable. She is. And I do care about her.

But she deserves much better. I'll hurt her and I don't want to.

"B-Belle..." I whispered

"Robert" she smiled at me

"I..." I stammered. What should I say? What's the best thing to say? Damn, you screwed it bad, Goswick.

"It's ok, Robert"

"No... it's not" I looked at her eyes "I'm so sorry"

"Robert, don't be. I pushed you into this"

"I should have stopped you. This is... wrong"

I could see in her eyes how much my words just hurt her.

"Yet, it couldn't feel more right... to me" she laid her head again on my chest

"I-I'm not good for you" I pressed her chin up, so she would look at me again. "You deserve so much better, someone who can make you happy and is able to give you everything" I said.

She didn't respond once again, so I kissed her forehead and moved to leave the bed.

As I stood up she finally replied "I know I cannot have you, Robert. I know that" I looked at her teary eyes "But I don't want anything or anyone else"

I put on my clothes and broke eye contact with her. I felt exactly the same for Catherine at the moment. I couldn't have her, yet I didn't want anything else.

"I never intended to hurt you, Belle. I'm sorry"

I felt her standing up and walking towards me, the blanket wrapped around her petite beautiful body. "I hurt myself, Robert. Don't blame yourself"

I looked down "I... I have to go"

She looked at me, eyes widened "W-What?"

"I need to go... get away from all of this"

"This... what?"

I looked down "I... I don't feel good. I am not ok here. I need fresh air, time alone"

"R-Robert." She hugged me tight "D-don't go, please."

"B-Belle..."

"I promise I won't do anything. I'll just... I need to have you here. Even if only your presence" she cried into my chest

"Belle, you knew my stay here was temporary. I feel like it's time for me to go. I can't ever repay you how much you did for me"

"And where are you going to? You still have the police after you!"

"Don't worry about me, Belle" I half smiled

"And food? You need to eat!"

"Belle. I'll be fine, ok?" I kissed her forehead "You have to let me go. In every way"