The Greatest Revolution

Loving yourself is the greatest revolution
By Chinny Okoye |   10 September 2016   |   3:48 am

"So many years of education yet nobody ever taught us how to love ourselves and why it's so important"

I'm sure by now, if you follow my articles you would have realised how important "self-love" is to me. It wasn't until I began to research and read books on self-improvement and self-development that I realised how much not loving oneself can affect every aspect of one's life. You might think " well, I love myself" but it is deeper than just saying those words.

The truth is you can never be happy with yourself, you can never feel fulfilled in this life if you do not love yourself. I realised that there was a gap especially in women and girls and this is the reason why I founded The Women International (TWI) to raise awareness on why it is important and crucial for us women to love ourselves in order to live a happy and purpose driven life that is meaningful and impactful to our society.

TWI is focused on promoting the importance of self-improvement, and personal development through self-love. Our women include students, entrepreneurs, professionals, and housewives who encourage, support, promote, and motivate each other to hunger for greatness in all aspects of their lives in order to reach their purpose, goals and full potential.
Self-improvement is something that many women struggle with on a daily basis. We, at TWI, we believe that every woman should continuously work on becoming the best version of herself. There is always something in our life that we feel needs improvement, however, a lot of us women lack the willpower or motivation to do so.

One of the many ways in which TWI intends on assisting women to begin to improve themselves is to raise awareness on the importance of "Self-Love"

It is true that women and girls have more equality and self-esteem than ever before, however something hasn't changed and that something is "self-love" while self-esteem is something that we want every woman and girl to have, knowing that you can do anything and be who you want to don't stop women and girls from beating themselves up, putting themselves into abusive relationships or hating and destroying their bodies.

Today in the 21st century these are the facts:
1 in 3 women will be in an abusive relationship before the age of 20. 80% will return.
1 in 3 women will be sexually abused
4 of 5 girls will think about dieting before JS1
Almost 1 out of 2 women will suffer through a divorce. 20% in the first 5 years of marriage.
80% of women are so exhausted that they are headed for extreme adrenal gland fatigue.
Women surveyed today are no happier than women surveyed in 1970, even though they have more equality, self-esteem and freedom.

If you ever believed that self-love was a luxury think again. The repercussions of not having it and worse not teaching our daughters are serious. Today while some people do understand the power of self-love because they have experienced its life changing affects, self-love still elicits definitions like narcissism, conceit, vanity, selfishness, and others. In a world where so many girls and women experience unnecessary suffering, not using the power of self-love will simply not do!

Join the team at TWI to conquer the fear of believing you are not good enough and raising awareness on the importance of "self-love" we want every woman to know that
YOU are ENOUGH and YOU are BEAUTIFUL just the way YOU are. We want every woman to know and believe that they can accomplish anything that they set their mind to with hard work and dedication. Love yourself enough to know that you are worthy. Begin to practice self-love and see how your life will change for the better.

Chinny Okoye is the founder of The Women International TWI. Follow her on on Instagram to get inspired and read more on self-love and self-improvement.