Penelope

Hey. I would just like to start out by saying that being comfortable in your own skin is different compared to being comfortable on the couch, cuddling with my cat and wearing sweats or something real comfy! In more detail I'd like to share with you about my struggles with my own self esteem.

I've always had low self esteem for I had always seen Victoria Secret models looking and feeling beautiful yet I could never experience the same things within myself. I never knew what beauty really felt inside because I just didn't feel accepted of my own appearance for what I looked like in every area. When friends and family comment on me during special occasions like my prom nights, they would say that I'm beautiful.

Yet I didn't feel that way but I decided to fake it and let them believe that I felt the same way about my own (beauty)! I'm the past couple years I've been trying to work on that particular area in myself as I really wanted to feel more confident and comfortable in my own skin for a change. So recently I decided to watch "Penelope" one night and while I was watching it and after, I realized that " if she can go out in public with the way she looks and not let anyone's opinions affect her in any way, then what's stopping me from being comfortable and acceptable in my own skin like she did?!

So once I watched the movie, I started analyzing what the movie portrayed on the topic "beauty" and how it should and can affect someone's self esteem! How it can alter your perspective on your own beauty! And since then, I've gain more self esteem in myself! I feel more loving in myself now. It's still quite new to me in gaining this big and very important quality in life that is also so very important to myself! So in conclusion, I'd like to thank everyone who has ever tried to boost my self confidence as I am so very thankful for it all!