It's Time

I Think It's Time to be Happy Again
You Have To Move On

Shared by An Over-thinker Secret Romantic.

"

Don't get me wrong; I'm generally a very happy person, I tend to see the glass half full rather than half empty, I like to see the positive in everything, and I ultimately believe that everything happens for a reason. However I feel like I've recently let a lot of negativity and anger inside, and its time to take myself back to happier days.

Yes I am the one responsible for taking myself to that point because at the end of the day happiness is a decision that we make; nobody is responsible for our happiness other than ourselves. Yes we can claim others make us angry, yet is up to us to stay angry or move on past that. Yes we can say we are sad because of another person, buy we have to understand that we are not in control of other people's decisions and actions, just ours.

Sometimes we have to take a step back, especially when all seems to go wrong, and break down the reasons why we are constantly feeling a certain way. Got some built up pressure due to the constant demands from your friends? Maybe you should analyze which demands you should actually pay attention to rather than trying to make everyone happy and solving peoples' lives, after all aren't they people with reasoning skills and the ability to solve problems too?

School and work won't allow you to catch a break? Believe it or not something as simple as a planner can go a long way. Divide the tasks between days rather than trying to do it all at once. It will only cause you more stress, plus you won't be as efficient trying to tackle it all together. "Divide and conquer" was a phrase made for these kinds of situations.

Significant others (or the attempt to figure out if you even have one) will keep your head spinning until the later hours of the night? Time to pull the breaks and analyze if all the stress and sorrow is even worth it. I'm not saying don't try working things out, but if you find yourself at a point where the only one working for it is you then I'm sorry to inform you that you're trying to dance tango without a partner, and calling that difficult is an understatement.

As per usual I don't claim to have all the answers, especially not at 2 in the morning. I'm mainly using this post as a rant and venting window for all that I have been bottling up inside for the past few weeks. But one thing is certain: i'm not alone, which is why I share my thoughts with you all. In hopes that this will inspire you to stop for a minute and think about the most important person in your life: yourself.

Think about it; how else will you manage to juggle school, work, friends, family, relationship, and everything in between if you don't take care of yourself first? Don't ever get to the point of collapsing in order to realize you need to slow down. Its great to try and achieve your goals, just don't try to do it all at once. Its thoughtful to want to be there for every friend and family member when they need it, however they can help themselves too.

Sometimes less is more, and in my opinion if you catch yourself constantly saying the words "I have no time" then you definetly need to unload some weight off your shoulders and start with something as simple as breathing. In the end the choice is ours, and I personally decide to go back to being happy again.

"

Do you love to write? If you have a story, article, post about dating or love, please Share your Heartbeat! We would love you feature your writing.