16

I am light. I am darkness. I am the voice in your head that does wrong. I am here. I am there. I am with you everywhere. I am sin, if you hadn't known. I am the one who causes a broken home. I am the monster that eats away at your guilt. I am the lie that begins to build. I am the fear that creeps down your throat. I am the one who causes anger. I am an enemy, I am a lover. I am the bond between another. I feed off of fear, I watch you like a hawk. I make up your mind, as a sidewalk with chalk.

                I am defeated by one light. I am not pure. I am not bright. I am manipulative and cold. I am the shadow that you hold. I fight a war that is very little known. The light that stops me, is full grown. I cower in fear as its strength gathers round, I hide in the shadows without a sound. Your light is not yours, farther you can see. No, it is not yours, but it is yours to keep. For it is a gift, a treasure bestowed. The Keeper is strong-truth be told. I am no match, but as you can see, I am the pride that is skin deep. 

                  I am the evil. The dark of the night. He is the good. The heavenly light. He wields the power that I seek, but I am no match, nor am I to keep. You must get rid of me in order follow Him, but I am to stubborn-to sly, to dim. I cling to you as much as I can. My master would not like if I lost to man. Now it's your turn, can you guess who I am?