4

This week has been one heck of a roller coaster. a roller coaster that I constantly wanted to jump off and leave forever. I actually believe that I'm going insane. I somehow imagined my biological father at the grocery store. You know what I felt when I 'saw' him? Terror. Absolute terror. I told my mom about it, she told me that he wasn't there. That it was all in my head.

I know what I saw, I know who I saw. That was the day that my mom told me that my biological father didn't abuse my sister and me, it was only me he did it to. She told me that he pointed a gun at me twice, saying that he was going to kill me.
At the age of eight, he tried to choke my sister. After my mom talked to me about it with me, I went to my room and cried. I called my friends, I needed their comfort at the time. No one answered. I remembered one that I hadn't called yet and called her instantly. I confided all of my feelings about my father with her before, so maybe she would help.
She picked up the phone and I was still in tears. She calmed me down after a few minutes and told me to pray. And pray I did. I prayed and prayed and prayed. I prayed until I felt a warm feeling come inside of me, almost as if I was being hugged. Then and there I knew God was with me.
I felt safe and calm. I knew God would always love me, that He would always be there for me in my time of need. Knowing that it's November and that Thanksgiving is right around the corner, I thought up of things I was thankful for. I'm thankful for my friends, my family. I'm thankful for the life the Lord has blessed me with. I'm thankful for my hardships in life. I'm thankful for the memories I've made.
I'm thankful for a lot of things, what are you thankful for? What has God given you that you are thankful for? What did he bless you with or do to make you feel grateful about something? What is one memory that God gave you that makes you smile? Think about it, then write it down on a piece of paper. Put that piece of paper under your pillow and sleep on it until Thanksgiving. Then, take it out from underneath your pillow and cross off one thing you love on there. Pray for something that you aren't as grateful for, watch what happens.