Chapter 18~ Day Off

I feel something touch my face in quick pecks, pulling me from my sleep. My eyes flutter open, giggles escaping my lips when I realise it's Jared kissing me.

I must say, this is a nice way to wake someone up.

"Good morning." He smiles down at me, his voice groggy from sleep.

"Morning, babe." I reply, resting my hands on the sides of his face, pulling him down for a kiss on the lips.

"You sleep good?" He questions after pulling away.

"Yeah. Normally, I wake up a lot through the night, but I slept solid. Probably because I'm with you." I smile lovingly at him, tracing my fingers over his jaw.

He moves my hair and tucks it behind my ear, "You want some coffee?"

"Yes, please."

He kisses my nose, making me smile, "I'll bring some up." With that, he crawls out from beneath the blankets and heads downstairs, leaving me in his bed alone.

I roll over onto my stomach, nuzzling my face into the soft bed sheets. Wow. Just wow.

Inhaling a deep breath, I sit up and stumble over to the set of glass doors that lead out to his balcony. I open them and step outside, taking in the fresh morning air. The sun is just rising, illuminating the sky with an orange tone. To my right I can hear the crashing waves of the ocean.

"I can really get used to this." Jared appears next to me, handing me a cup of coffee.

"Yeah?" I ask before taking a sip, the cup warming up my hands.

He snakes his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him, resting his chin on my head, "Mhm."

We stand, watching the sun rise, in a comfortable silence, just enjoying each other's presence. I could get used to this too. I don't have to pretend when I'm with Jared. I can truly be myself.

I feel him kiss the top of my head, "Wanna go down to the beach?"

I look up at him, "Yeah, but can we eat first?"

"Yep yep." He smiles, guiding me inside.

I sit down at the breakfast bar, watching as he grabs some almond milk from his fridge, "I hope cereal is okay? I've been meaning to run to the store..."

"Cereal is great."

***

As soon as my feet hit the sand, they warm up.

As I'm about to lay the blanket down to sit, I'm knocked off my feet into the sand, being attacked with kisses.

I laugh instantly, "Jared! Oh my god!"

He doesn't say anything, he just carries on with kissing me- my lips, neck, chest, wherever he wishes.

"What's gotten into you?" I giggle, running my hands through his hair.

"Well, Y/N, there's this thing called attraction which is officiated with love, soooo."

I roll my eyes at the tone in his voice, "You're dumb."

"Ouch."

He chuckles then sits up, pulling me with with him, "Let's go swimming!" He cheers excitedly.

My eyes scan the water then his eyes, and I intake on how the color is almost exactly the same, "I don't have a bathing suit on."

"Neither do I, come on! I'll buy you new clothes if these ones get ruined."

"I'm wearing your shirt, Jared." I chuckle, running my hand through my hair.

"Then I'll give you another one." With that, he picks me up bridal style, carrying me over to the water.

"Jared! No! It's gonna be cold!" I laugh, holding tightly onto him, looking down as the water hits his feet. He doesn't reply, he just smirks. The water is almost up to his waist now, and I'm holding on for dear life, "Jared!" I scream as the water hit my legs. Suddenly, his arms release me, and I fall, completely absorbed by the ocean. The water whips my hair in front of my face, and I struggle against the waves. I place my feet firmly in the sand and push myself out of the water, gasping for air, "You're an asshole." I grunt while pushing my hair out of my face.

"I know." He says, pulling me into him by the waist.

I splash him, and he pushes me away, a shocked look on his face. I smile and bite my lip, "Oh, you're gonna get it now!" He laughs. I try swimming away, but the waves make it impossible. He grabs me and dunks me, bringing me back up after two seconds. I wipe the water away from my face then wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

"Truce?" I whisper, leaning my head in the crook of his neck, kissing it lightly.

"Truce." He moves his hands from my thighs to my butt.

"We're in public." I giggle.

"You're ass is underwater, and no one comes out till about 11:00, which gives us an hour..."

I laugh, "Oh, I'm sure theres paps hiding and taking pictures already."

"Then we'll just have to go back to the house." He winks.