Chapter 23~ Not the Whole Story...

"You want me to grab you a drink?" Jared asks, the music of the club making his voice hard to hear.

"No thanks! I'm not really in the mood to drink!" I shake my head, and he just smiles.

"I'm gonna make my rounds and say hi to people! You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah! I'll just chat up Shay!"

He kisses my cheek before blending in with the ocean of people. I thought the premier was hectic, but this after-party is even crazier.

I look around, trying to catch sight of Shay. Her bright red dress catches my eye almost immediately. She's dancing with Zac. I push my way over to them.

"Hey, Y/N!" Zac smiles, grabbing onto my hands and swinging them back and forth.

I giggle, "Hiya! Can I steal Shay from you for a minute?"

He glances at her then smiles again, "Only for a minute! She's the only one in this place that can keep up with my sick moves!"

Shay and I laugh before I pull my hands out of Zac's and Shay and I find a quiet corner of the club to talk.

"Everything okay?" She asks as soon as we sit down.

"I'm fine. I'm just not used to all of this." I use my hands to gesture around.

"Some wine will fix that!" She stands up to run to the bar, but I grab her hand and make her sit back down. She raises her eyebrow, questioning me silently.
"I don't usually drink." I tell her.

"Cole said you had a glass of campaign with him earlier."

"That's plenty for me, especially at an event like this. I don't want to do anything stupid under the influence."

She shrugs, "I guess you're right... But are you sure that's it? You've been acting kind of off the whole night, no offense or anything."

I shake my head, swallowing a lump in my throat, "Nah, it's just my nerves."

She grabs my hand and gives me a warm smile, "Okay. You know you can tell me anything."

I return the smile, "I know, Shay. Listen, I think I'm gonna head home. It's getting late."

Her smile drops, "Come stay at my place tonight. We'll have a girls night!"

"I don't want to ruin your fun."

She throws her hands in the air, "Shut up. There's too many people here anyway." She stands up and grabs her purse.

I stand up and follow her out to the limo. I pull my phone out of my purse and text Jared, letting him know that I went to Shay's.

***

Shay throws me a pair of pajamas she said I could borrow for the night. I change into them before flopping onto her couch, groaning at how good it feels to lay down. I hear her laugh. I open my eyes and smile at her, "Leave me alone. I'm new at the whole famous thing."

She just laughs on. I roll my eyes.

I bite down on my lip nervously, "Hey, Shay. If I tell you something... promise you won't tell anyone?"

She sits down next to me, nodding, "Yeah, Y/N, anything."

My hands starts fumbling as I try to form the words, "Well, I um, I only found out last week, but um.... I'm pregnant."