Chapter 25~ Bye

As we pull up in front of the police station, I see Jared sitting along the curb, his hands folded in between his legs with his gaze staring at the pavement. I jump out of the car, "J!"

He looks up at me and immediately rises to his feet, "Y/N!"

I hug him tightly. I should be angry, but the thought of losing him scares me, and I can't help but cling onto him, not giving him the option of fleeing. All my nerves vanish as I bury my face in the crook of his neck, feeling his arms wrap tightly around me, pulling me so close I can feel his heartbeat through his chest, "What are you doing out?" I ask, not bothering to pull away from him.

"Uh, Cole decided not to press charges."

"What were you thinking? J, this is serious. Why would you even do that?" This is when I pull away, reality suddenly hitting me. Jared hurt Cole.

"I... I don't know. He was-he was telling me how you deserved better than me... I couldn't take it. Y/N... Please don't think that I'd ever hurt you, or-or anyone like that again." His hands traces my cheek, and I can depict the sincereness in his ocean eyes.

"No more chances after this." I whisper, the most serious I've ever been. He nods, a sad smile forming on his lips before he leans in and kisses me. I kiss him back, my hands trailing up to his hair. Both of us pull away, frightened at Shay pressing down on the car horn. I roll my eyes before standing up, pulling Jared up with me.

"Can you give us a ride home?" I ask her.

"Don't you think I would have driven away already if I wasn't planning on it?"

I laugh before getting into the car, J sitting in the back.

***

"Thanks, Shay!" I smile while she backs out of our driveway before driving away.

J and I head inside, but something still feels off. I guess I just have to give this incident time to fade away, but until then, I know I won't be able to shake this feeling...

Jared goes straight upstairs to bed after telling me he needs to sleep things off, and I head up into the bathroom, turning the shower on. I strip down to my underwear and bra and stare at my stomach in the mirror, tracing my hands over it, contemplating everything there is to contemplate about pregnancy. My child is in there... Me and Jared's child. A small smile rises on my lips as I continue rubbing my hands up and down my stomach.

"Y/N?" My smile drops as I see Jared standing in the doorway, a confused and scared expression on his face. I can't think of what to say, so I just stare at him, getting more nervous as neither of us speak. He looks down at my hands on my stomach, and the scared expression becomes stronger as he realizes, "Y/N... are you... are you pregnant?"

I continue to stare, at an even more loss for words as every inch of happiness drains from his eyes, "Y-yes."

His face falls, and his mouth parts slightly, his eyes losing color as the scan mine. His hands fly up to his hair, "Oh my god... but we- we used a-"

"I know. It must've broke or something. J, aren't you happy?" I take a step closer to him, but he moves farther away from me, a sting of pain filling my chest.

"No, I'm not, Y/N! I-I'm not ready for this kind of commitment. I can't be tied down yet! Oh my god... Oh my god!" He starts panicking, but I ignore it, suddenly becoming angry.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" I shout.

"You know what it means." He sighs.

I raise my eyebrow at him, "You don't think I'm the one."

"You never know with those types of things."

I scoff, "Well, Jared... I thought you were my one. My forever. But I was obviously fucking wrong! I'll go get this mistake of yours dealt with, and then you won't have to worry about me anymore. I won't come back, okay? I know that's what you want." I storm past him, changing into a pair of clothes in grabbing a bag, shoving anything that I can fit into it- mostly clothes.

"Y/N-"

"BYE!" I run down the stairs and straight out the front door, slamming the door shut as hard as I can before getting into my car. I rip the necklace he gave me a while ago off, throwing it in the driveway before speeding away, not knowing where I'm going.