Chapter 17

Ava's POV

Weeks later, I tried again. I showered, I got dressed and went to dance. This time no-one pushed me to talk and I was given a room and a speaker. I plugged my phone into the stereo and songs filled the air.

I had had enough. I had had enough of the pain I always felt inside. So, I danced away the pain. I danced away the sadness. I thought of Darcy, Eric, Derek, George, Henry, Annie, Dad, Demi, Wilmer, Josh, Isaac, Freddie. Everyone. I released the pain through dancing, at least I tried to

Even though I couldn't leap as high or spin as many times, since I hadn't danced in so long, it helped. I had lost a lot of weight as well as I had not been eating.

Freddie stood and watched me from the doorway. He opened his arms and I ran into them.

"We will get through this Ava."

He kissed my cheek and we left the dance studio.

*******

It was late at night. 

I could hear footsteps, crying and whispers.

Freddie had collapsed in the hallway sobbing. Demi and Wilmer had rushed over to him, to help him to his feet. 

He was sobbing and making a horrific sound I had never heard before. He was suffering and had hidden it from everyone for so long he had just snapped. 

He glanced over at me and then immediately looked so guilty he crouched down again, crying. 

"Come on, son, lets go in your room." Wilmer picked him up and carried him into his room.

"Ava, go back in your room."

I couldn't seem to move. I was shaking. Demi glanced over at me and then lead me back to bed. 

"Is he alright?" I whispered. 

"He's struggling, just like you. He is just coping differently."

She pulled the duvet up to my chin and kissed me on the forehead. She got up to leave but I grabbed her hand. 

"Stay." 

She smiled at me and lay down in the bed next to me, "Of course."