Chapter 3

12 years ago

Nick's POV

I was sat on the sofa with Ava in my arms, she was just so beautiful I already loved her so much. 

My wife Anna walked into the living room and stared at me. "Nick?"

I gave her a small smile, "Sit down,"

She sat down slowly, looking very confused, "Whose baby is that? It sure isn't mine." 

"You know when we broke up for a while a year ago?" I asked.

She nodded slowly, trying to put the pieces together. 

"Well, I slept around abit. It turns out that I got Demi pregnant." 

She raised her eyebrows looking shocked, "Wow." 

"She's in my care now, Demi can't take care of her, so she's mine." 

"It's a girl?" She asked, she got up from her seat and came and sat next to me, leaning over to glance at the baby. 

"Yeah,"

"What's her name?" Annie asked.

"Ava." I smiled at my wife and she smiled back. 

"Welcome to the family little Ava." 

____ NOW ____

Ava's POV

It was Annie who became a mother in Demi's place. She treated me as if I was her own daughter and that I was no different to any of her own children. 

I arrived back at the house and Freddie, Georgie, Henry and Isaac were sat eating Domino's pizza and watching TV.

"Hey, you better of saved some for me!" I joked, leaning over the sofa and taking a slice. 

"Hey! Yours is in the fridge!" Freddie protested, snatching the slice back. 

I groaned and got up from the sofa going to the fridge. 

"Right, Isaac, Georgie, Henry, bed. Now!" Adam scooped up Isaac and sent Georgie to brush his teeth. 

"Ava! Gimme a hand." He shouted. 

I groaned.

"Haha fail." Freddie said taking a bite of pizza. 

I threw a pillow at him and walked upstairs. 

"What??"

"Do you mind popping to the store, with Freddie to get some diapers? We've run out." Adam said throwing me a twenty pound note.

"Keep the change and be quick since it's going to get dark soon." 

My brother had a really good job at a department store so money wasn't ever a problem. 

I groaned and walked downstairs.  

"Freddie get your shoes on! We're going to the store."

Now it was his turn to groan. 

I chuckled and walked out of the flat not waiting for Freddie. 

He caught up with me and we walked to the nearest store.

*

We arrived. 

I grabbed a basket and went to get diapers, milk, bread, baked beans, etc. We had run out and Adam never seemed to notice these things. I didn't blame him though he had one hundred other things to worry about.

Freddie had ran off somewhere trying to get some girls number and I walked off, rolling my eyes.

I turned into the fruit isle and I saw a young lady looking at the apples.

"Excuse me." I said grabbing some apples.

"Ava isn't it. Ava Jonas?" It was Demi.

My mouth dropped open. I dropped the apples and I ran off down the isles and to the tills. 

They scanned my items and I ran out the store.

I rang Freddie. 

"Freddie get your ass away from that girl, we're going home." 

"Are you crying, Ava??" He sounded worried.

"No."

I never cried.