Chapter 16

Ava's POV

"Ava? Do you want anything?" Demi asked.

I hadn't moved from my bed since Adam's left. I was struggling. I think my mind was only just processing the trauma and it was making me bed ridden. I guess this was how Demi felt when she had me. 

I had lost track of time and it was always dark so I didn't know if it was day night.

Demi dragged me out of bed three times a week for a bath and Wilmer and Demi took turns to feed me twice day.

I just couldn't manage.

I knew weeks passed because Isaac and Josh were beginning to be able to talk properly and my birthday was coming up.

Demi came into my room for the third time today.

"How you coping??" Demi asked.

I turned to face the wall.

"You know, you should really go out for your birthday, next week."

I was 14, next week?

I nodded but didn't say anything.

"Is there anything you want for your birthday?" She asked.

I shrugged.

"Freddie and Isaac miss you." She said. "Isaac was asking where you were the other day."

I didn't say a word.

"You should go to a dance lesson, no-one would have wanted you to stop dancing. It was your passion and you were so talented."

She kissed my cheek and then left.

And for the first time ever. I was glad I had my Mum.

*****

"OMG! Demi are you seeing what I'm seeing???" Freddie joked as I walked downstairs in my dance clothes.

I had showered myself and put my hair in a ponytail. I had also got dressed and packed my dance bag.

"Your going to dance??" Freddie raised his eyebrows smiling.

How was it that he goes through the same as me but still manages to carry on just like normal? He experienced everything the same as me, he was in the same car accident, he lost his brothers and sisters.

He smiled and linked my arm and walked me to dance class.

We walked to the entrance of the dance hall and I took a deep breath.

"Come on, we can do this!" Freddie soothed.

I gave him a shy smile and we walked through the door.

"AVVAAA!!!!" Kelsie and my dance teacher ran up to me and gave me enormous hugs.

I smiled.

"We missed you how you doing??" Kelsie asked.

I didn't reply, I looked at the floor. "Not the best."

Kelsie and my dance teacher's smiles wiped off of their faces and their faces were full of sympathy.

I thought I would manage a dance class today.

Obviously not. I couldn't handle all of the sympathy.

I burst into tears and ran out of the dance studio.

I caught a bus and went to the graveyard.

I sat there for an hour.

I began to rearrange the flowers in the grave and then I saw a note.

I'll be back soon, Ava. 

Stay strong. 

Adam xx

I cried because it was so sad. Then I cried because I was so angry he had left. Then I cried because I needed to.

Before I knew it, it was dark and cold.

I shivered and got a bus back to Demi's.