Chapter 5

Ava's POV

I was in such a bad mood this morning.

First of all Adam couldn't take us to school today so we had to walk to school.

Then Freddie pushed me in a puddle as a 'joke' as the great brother he is so I was soaked from the waist down in puddle water. He gave me his own joggers when we got to school but they were absolutely massive and looked weird with my t-shirt. 

Then Kelsie is completely ignoring me and is hanging around with two other girls, so I'm on my own. Screw her, I don't need her. 

Then Demi kept giving me weird looks throughout the lesson. It was so uncomfortable. According to Adam, since Demi was never put on the birth certificate, the school didn't know that she was my biological mother so they didn't know about the past. 

"Ava Jonas could you say behind please??"

I looked up. Demi was asking me to stay behind.

"I could but I'm not going to." I replied. I needed to get to dance, I was frustrated today and needed to let out some pent up energy. 

Some kids laughed.

"Ava," She said.

"Yes?"

"Please."

She looked so desperate.

"Finnne." I moaned,

Class finished and the kids left the classroom.

"Ava." She said.

"Demi." I said,

"Is your father called Nick Jonas?" She asked.

"It's none of your business what my Dad is called." I said. Tears were threatening to spill. I was trying so hard for my voice not to wobble. 

"Please Ava, I..I might be your Mother," She said.

"That isn't possible, My Mum was called Annie and she died due to cancer 2 years ago." I stared at her coldly.

"Biological Mother." She said.

"Yes, my Dad is Nick Jonas. I was dumped on his doorstep when I was only a few hours old. I have grown up with my 10 brothers and 1 sister and my Mum Annie before she died, and several of Dad's girlfriends,"

"Are you happy?" Demi asked looing terribly upset.

"Happier than I could ever be."

"Would you reconsider giving me a chance to be your mother??" Demi asked.

"You lost all the rights to  be my mother when you left me on that doorstep that night."

I looked at her.

I grabbed my rucksack and left the class room for the hundredth time.