Chapter 2

I forgot that there were about a hundred girls still running towards me. I quickly ran to the other side and almost tripped! I dusted of the bits of grass on my sweater and pants, and tightened my bun. This town is officially creepy. First time I’ve seen running girls chasing guys. Oh well.

I left the park and walked back home. I noticed all the street vendors were now gone, and the sun was starting to set. Oh god, mom is going to kill me. And I did something I never do, I ran. I ran until I just made it on time before the sun went down. I plopped down on the couch, right next to my aunt. She was watching some celebrity gossip show,  I think. I gazed at the tv and I saw a woman reporting some sort of crazy mob thing

“They did it again!! Massive boy band One Direct-----“ Aunt Tracy turned off the tv. Oh well.

“How was your day sweetie?” she asked.

Oh um, I took a walk to the park. Got brought down to the ground and almost got ran over by a hundred screaming psychotic teenage girls. I swear my ear drums were still vibrating.

I just settled with, "It was fine."

“Care to come with me to The Oakley tomorrow?” she asked.

“The Oakley?”

“Yes, the hotel near the main city?” she said.

Why would I want to go in a hotel? I love the outdoors, Jacksonville was meant for me to wander.

In the politest way I asked, “Why, what’s up?”

“Well, I am having another meeting there somewhere near The Oakley. I was planning to check you in a room and comeback after so we could have dinner, and maybe..” Please don’t say the s word … “shopping?“

Okay, I like shopping. I mean, its normal for me. But my aunt can circle around the mall for 7 hours straight wit out sitting down when shopping.

“The night life out there is really fabulous!! We could eat at the famous diner there!” she exclaimed.

She looked so excited,  I did not want to disappoint her. And hey, I really want to eat at an authentic diner, so why not right?

“Sure, Aunt Tracy!! I can’t wait for tomorrow.” I said while plastering a huge smile on my face.

Before going to sleep, I saw those green eyes again, and that cheeky smile. Oh curly boy, why did you have to bump into me?