Chapter 26: Creepy Conversations

I wake up and smile when I feel Tom's warm body pressed tightly against mine. I look up and see he's still sleeping so I quietly slip out of his bed trying not to awake him. I go to the bathroom and turn the shower on.

I step out of the bathroom and search for a towel in the steam. I scream when the door flies open and I cover myself with he towel. He shuts the door and I stand there feeling embarrassed.

We start to laugh out loud at the same time. ''God, I'm so sorry love. I just didn't hear you in there.''

''Don't worry.'' I say still laughing.

''I didn't see anything if it makes you feel better.'' He adds easing my embarrassment.

''Good, I'll be right outside.'' I say as our laughter dies down. I put my damp hair down and tie the towel tightly around me. I open the door with a sheepish smile on my face noticing he's sitting there looking endearingly adorable with his hair pointing different ways and that tired, confused look on his face.

''Good morning darling.'' He says pulling me in for a kiss. He inhales and then goes, ''Mmmm, you smell good.''

I laugh, ''If you didn't have that accent, you would've sounded so creepy. That's what a killer always tells their victims before killing them.''

He runs a hand through my hair sending shivers down my spine and I suddenly feel very cold.

''Oh god, what time is it?'' I look for my phone and see three missed calls. Two from Tobias and one from mom. I have to tell mom that I stayed with a friend or something and I can tell Tobias where I am.

I feel so terrible lying to my mom but she doesn't sound worried.......and someday I'll tell her everything. Tobias sounds weary that I stayed at Tom's but he says it's fine and that mom is fine. Jaz covered for me by calling one of her friends that I've met to say that I stayed at her house, with one condition: that I'll tell mom the truth. And I will have to eventually.

''Hey Tom, could I borrow something from your closet?'' I ask when he comes out of the bathroom with damp hair and a robe hugging his slender body.

''Of course, just let me get dressed first.'' He winks as he walks into the other room. ''Don't peek.''

I snort, ''Yeah right.'' But I am actually tempted to. What?! Like you wouldn't do it either. :|

He emerges from the room wearing nothing but jeans. I try not to stare but seriously how can I not stare at his firm chest and perfectly carved muscles? With his damp curls framing that face he looks almost unreal. 

He throws a shirt on my face startling me. ''Hey! What was that for?''

''I said your name three times.'' He winks, ''But you seemed distracted.''

''Shut up.'' I mutter. He chuckles and walks out of the room so I slip his shirt on and squirm into my jeans. My eyes are puffy as hell but I at least have some color on my face now and I don't look so dead......I don't feel so dead anymore either.

He comes in again wearing a shirt -thank god- and he sits down beside me as I try to comb my hair with my fingers but the knots are really hard to untangle so I struggle for a minute until I see his amused expression.

''Why are you laughing at me?!'' I ask.

''I'm not.....it's just funny watching you tare your hair out.'' A silent moment passes by and he starts laughing. I roll my eyes but smile anyways.

''So, how about I take you out today?'' He asks.

''Uh, I don't know because supposedly I'm sick right now. How about tomorrow though?''