Chapter 1: Good Morning

Okay so this is the first chapter! Tom doesn't do much of an appearance here but I promise he will soon enough. Please leave what you thought about the chapter. Thanks!

-Eliza xoxo

***************************************

I don't know how I got here, I just know that I am in this endless journey. Every time I wake up in this place, I know I have to go to the top of the hill so I can hear the voice. The voice is sultry, soothing, deep and I always fall asleep listening to it...when I wake up the voice is gone and I just wonder around. This place, I don't know what it is. Everything here is broken and gray...except when it talks to me, sometimes there is a glint of sun rays on the horizon.

I am walking through the seas of gray looking for the hill. My feet easily lead me to the top where I sit on the cliff that overlooks an endless fall into nothing. At first I don't hear anything. The wind blows across the land bringing a familiar sound that makes a faint smile appear on my lips. I never smile, except when I listen to the voice. The sound in the wind belongs to the voice, the voice.

''Hello darling, good morning.'' It says. I never answer because I can't, my voice has been gone ever since I woke up in this place. It understands though, because it always keeps on talking to me. ''You look better today..." the voice sighs with a tone of furstration. "What a mess huh? Well, I don't feel very good today, I had to work until late and I am exhausted but I always look forward to talking to you. Anyways, I brought a book because your mother said you like this book."

My mother...I don't know who that is but she must know me. "It's the, uh, the Romeo and Juliet book and that's what I want to read to you...if you don't mind."

Of course not. If it were up to me, I could listen to the voice every single day for the rest of the time I am spending here. The voice starts to recite a story. I like the story and I like the way the words sound coming from the voice. As if the voice itself had written it...as if the words were made for the voice.

Not very soon, my eyelids start feeling heavy. I lay my cheek on the cold ground, but I don't care if it's cold or hard because I can already the rays shooting out of the horizon already. The voice keeps speaking and reciting the beautiful words until I fall asleep.

I wake up again wanting to hear more about the story the voice was telling me. I keep going to the hill and fall asleep there many times. The voice has told me more of the tragic love story.

But today something is different. I wake up but I feel someting different. I walk to the hill but my chest is heavy with disappointment. I wait...and wait...and wait. But the voice never comes. The voice has been my sustainment ever since I woke up in this place. And today it is not here. I feel desperation and longing make my heart ache. I have to find it...and somehow I know I will not find it here.

I reach somewhere inside of me and start to try and reach it. I do not know where I can look. Something wet touches my cheek and I realize it is a tear. Suddenly my dead heart starts beating frantically in my chest. Maybe it has always been beating but I never realized it. As my heart beats faster my dead lungs start to fill with air in painful gasps. I am laying on something soft now. My numb fingers grasp something soft and I dig my fingers into it as if holding on to a different reality. I hear noise that hurts my ears and a blinding light makes me squint against it. I feel like I was just drowning and I am being revived.

"Sia?" I hear someone say. That name brings me back to reality...that is my name. "Can you hear me?"

I try to speak but my throat is raw dry and I start coughing uncontrolaby. When I'm done, I open my eyes slowly. My eyes adjust to the light and everything comes into focus. I'm in a hospital. I try to look around but I can't because of this tube that is sticking into my throat. Oh god what happened to me? I look down and notice my left arm is being held by a cast and so is my right leg. I have cuts and bruises on what I can see of my body.

"Sia, look at me." I turn my attention to a woman dressed as a nurse. "Can you talk to me?"

I open my mouth and try to find my voice but only a dry croak comes out. I try again and this time a moan comes out. "What...happened?"

"Where is she?! Sia? Oh my god baby! You're awake!" I hear a woman come running towards me. She has green eyes, straight brown hair and she looks worried.

"Honey? Its me,your mom." She says. Now I remember, she is my mom. Tears spring into my eyes.

"Mom, what happened? Why am I in here?" I quickly fight away the tears but my mom is sobbing now.

''Oh sweety, just rest please, we'll talk later okay?" She asks stroking my cheek. I nod and she wipes her tear-stricken face.

"Miss I am sorry but you have to leave. We will call you when you can come and see her." The nurse tells my mom. My mom nods but leaves the room after kissing my forehead.

The nurse tells me to rest and then leaves me alone with the beeping of the monitor. I try to remember something, anything. I cannot even remember what I was thinking before I woke up. I am anything but tired so I just lay there, breathing through a tube and staring at the blue curtain. Suddenly I notice a shadow behind the curtain. It's tall and by the way it's standing, it's probably looking at me.

"Who's there?" I ask but no one anwers. ''I know you're there, who is it?" The shadow chuckles softly before turning away. What just happened? Who was that?

What I didn't know was that the shadow was still looking at me...wishing that he was laying on the bed instead of me.