Chapter 9: Goodnight Kisses

By ten pm we have watched too many movies, drank too many Vanilla cokes and ate way too many hot chips.

I call Tobias to tell him to come get me but he says that mom and him will sleep at the hospital tonight...then he says that it would be best if I stayed to sleep at home. I tell him that I'll figure out something out and then I hang up.

''Tom, I'm such a pain in the ass.'' I tell him. He's throwing away all the empty cans and chip bags when he stops and looks at me with a smile.

''Love, you are not a pain in the ass. I am here for you.'' He winks before turning around just in time for him to not notice the blush spreading through my cheeks. Gosh, I'm turning redder than a tomato and he just winked at me.

''Could you drive me home? Tobias and mom are sleeping at the hospital and they obviously think it would best if I stayed at home.'' I say picking up all the empty DVD cases and putting the CD's inside.

''How about you just stay here?'' He asks.

''No way, you're being way too nice already Tom.'' I say.

''Sia.'' He sighs and he walks towards me. ''Please stay here tonight, love. I enjoy your company and honestly? It gets pretty lonely here.'' I shake my head. His lips turn into a pout and he makes his eyes look bigger. Not fair! How can anything with hormones say no to that face?

''That is not fair! I am a total loser for puppy faces.'' I say crossing my arms over my chest.

''Maybe just to my puppy faces?'' He teases wiggling his eyebrows. I punch his shoulder playfully.

''Fine, but if you dare to even touch me while I sleep, then I will certainly make sure that you never will be able to have kids.''

My threat sends him into a fit of laughter. Yup, that's defenitivley the most beautful sound I've ever heard in my life.

''Okay Miss Hamilton, but I have to tell you that you will be the one having trouble keeping your hands off this british cupcake.''

I laugh, "You did not just call yourself a british cupcake!"

''People think I don't read Fan comments and mail and stories but I do. It's bannanas that I women call me 'british god,' 'cupcake,' or 'ovarie stealer.''' That last one didn't make sense and was absolutley gross.

''Bannanas?'' I ask. ''What are you? Five?'' He pretends to glare at me but his face just melts into a cute grin. Why did God have to make such a beautiful, charming human being?

''Shut up and come here.'' He says patting the bed. ''Let's watch one last movie.''

''Tom, you have to get up early tomorrow.''

''Just one more!''

''No, you have to go to sleep.''

''But-"

''No buts, go to sleep.''

''Gosh, what are you? Eighty-nine?'' He says as I sit beside him in the soft bed. I love this bed. It's so comfortable and warm.

''Fine, just one more movie. Then it's lights out.'' I say.

''Sure mom.'' I slam my elbow into his stomach and smile when he groans rubbing the sore spot.

Somewhere in the movie we get under the covers. Who knew LA could get so cold during December?

''Why the hell is it so fucking cold?!'' I say rubbing my frozen hands together.

''Whoa, that language love.''

''To hell with that! My toes have turned blue already. I literally am freezing.''

''Let's make a deal. Every time you cuss, you have to give me a kiss.'' He says without taking his eyes off the screen.

I snort, ''Yeah sure.''

''Yeah it's not such a good idea since it would actually encourage you to cuss even more.'' I smile and roll my eyes at his comment.

''Are you always this cocky?'' I ask.

''Na, just around you.''

''Gee that makes me feel all warm and special, thanks Tom.'' I joke. I scoot closer to him so that my ice-cold arm is touching his. Holy shit, he's so toasty and warm.

''You weren't lying about freezing.'' He says. ''Come here.'' He wraps his arm around my shoulders and my head ends up on his chest. His other arm is around my waist pulling me close to him. The warmth immediately seems to transfer to me and I just want to snuggle closer to him until all the cold is gone.

The flickering on the screen lights up his face every time they change scenes. I find myself starring at him. How did I wake up from a coma and end up in Tom Hiddleston's bed?

''You're not watching the movie.'' He complains. When his eyes shift to me he notices that I've been staring at him all the time. We just look at each other. He scans my whole face until his eyes land on my lips. I get the strongest urge to press them against his but I fight it. It's a little hard though when he's looking at me as if he could stare at me forever with those intense, pensive eyes. Something is pulling me towards him, making the blood in my veins rush faster and for all of my body to light up with nervous tingles.

His thumb traces my lower lip and he leaves it there as his gaze slowly makes its way into my eyes.

''Does this feel weird?" He asks quietly.

I nod, ''But not in a bad way. I feel like I've lived this before. It feels right.'' It's true. I could swear that I've seen that passionate look upon his face, so close to mine.

His lips lightly touch mine. We aren't kissing yet but all the air rushes out of me at the same time my heart starts beating with anticipation. His thumb is the only thing separating our lips so I reach up to his wrist and move his hand away. His lips just rest on top of mine and we stay there, silent.

''What are we doing?'' I ask.

''I have no idea.'' Then his lips crush mine, igniting those nervous tingles into blazing fireworks inside me. His hands cup my face gently and then he's moving his lips in this rythm against mine. I start to copy his moves and I press myself closer to him. His long fingers wrap around my waist and on the small of my back so I am completely pressed against him. My arms go around his neck and I curl my fingers into his hair when he rolls me to my back and kisses me a little harder. This feels good...too good. I pull his head down to mine and his arms are holding all his weight as the kiss becomes more intense.

I know we have to stop here. It takes everything to tear my lips away from his but I manage to do it. ''I'm sorry.'' I tell him trying to catch my breath.

''No, I'm sorry.'' His forehead touches mine as he caresses my cheek gently. ''Will you still be okay with this in the morning?''

I nod, "Will you?'' He nods and rolls on to his back again. He turns the television off and I am engulfed by darkness. I turn around and I know I'm facing him when I feel his cool breath on my face. I remember that he said he loved me the other night. I don't know if I dreamt it, I probably did but I am still curious.

''I can hear those thoughts running you head.'' His voice tells me that he's a lot closer to me than I imagined. His hands move to my waist and he hugs me close to him. I feel the tip of his nose touching mine.

''I was just thinking stuff...nothing important really.'' I say as my heart picks up speed once more. He stays quiet but I feel his other hand touch my face so gentle that it's as if he touched it with a feather. We lay there in the darkness, his lips connecting with mine until exhaustion makes us fall into sleep, wrapped up in each other's warmth.

''Goodnight darling, I love you.''