Chapter 11: Visitor

I am so sorry but this is ANOTHER short chapter! Please be patient with me because I've been sort of buisy lately but thanks so much for reading!

-Eliza xoxo

*******************************************************    

I haven't been able to sleep since Tom left in the morning at six. I look at the clock on the wall, 3:07 pm. I sigh and stare at the ceiling.

I wonder if what Tom said about the accident not being my fault is true. He looked completely honest and guilty. Maybe he felt guilty for lying to me about the accident not being my fault.

''Hey.'' I hear a familiar voice say. My eyes land on Jazmine standing on the door with a robe making her look fragile. Her skinny face looks healthier, but she is still too pale and those dark circles under her eyes are still there. Her straight, back messy hair makes her look even more tired.

''Hey Jaz.'' I say.

''We're giving mom a handful aren't we?'' She asks. I nod and an awkward silence settles around us. She slowly walks towards my bed and sits beside my feet.

''So, I heard mom say that you are taking surgery. And I heard the doctors talking about...the uh...the risks.''

''Oh, that's why you're here. It's fine Jaz. Its like one in a million that I will end up dead and if I end up in a wheel chair then the only one to frown on it will be Tobias because I love getting carried and pushed around.''

She smiles and that's when I see my mom's beauty reflected on her face. ''This is the Sia I remember.'' She says grabbing my hand. Hers is warm and I can feel the bones through her skin.

''I think I should go now, the sexy doctor is about to give me my medication.'' She smiles and leaves. I can't help but smile as a happy tear rolls down my cheek.

Gosh, hospitals make me so fucking sentimental.

***

I look over to the door and find Tom standing there gazing at me with sad eyes. "Hey, how long have you been there stalker?'' I ask smiling.

''We need to talk, love.'' He says with a serious tone. He sits in the chair beside me and just looks at me with a stern expression.

''What's wrong?'' I ask. "Are you okay?''

''I just...I think we should not see each other. I shouldn't have kissed you, it was a terrible mistake. I just think we should stay away from each other...I am sorry.''

I gulp trying to take it all in. He is breaking up with me...even if we were not dating it still feels like he's breaking up with me.

''Why? What did I do Tom? If I did anything please tell me what I did and I am so sorry.''

''It is not your fault Sia. I am just...you're seventeen and I am thirty-two.'' He studders.

''Bullshit.'' I say. ''You never cared about age before Tom.''

''But-''

''Then what the hell Tom?!'' I ask getting frustrated.

''Do not yell at me.'' He says. His face is showing no emotion. He doesn't even care...he is acting as if this is not hurting him at all. I feel as if he's throwing me out the window. And I land on my face. And then he comes and kicks me while I'm still down. ''I just...I don't think this is going anywhere...whatever this is.''

He stands up and turns around to leave. ''Tom, please.'' I beg as tears fall down my eyes.

''Dammit Sia! I never loved you or anything so just let me go once and for all because after I leave you will never see me again!'' He snaps at me. His tone and the rage on his face take me by surprise and I flinch. He just breaths out and recovers from that sudden outrage. ''I should've never kissed you. I should've never even talked to you...''

''Why?'' I ask.

''Because I just shouldn't have.''

''Tom-"

''You are just a broken seventeen year old girl who was traumatized in an accident, and I do not have time for that in my life.'' He says. His words go through my chest and stab me right in the heart. When he shuts the door behind him I know that I've lost him forever and that I was stupid enough to believe all his bullshit. But...there is still a part of me that doesn't believe what he said.

He said I would never see him again. But he's wrong. I will see him everywhere at every time in my mind.