Prologue (One Direction Fanfiction)

~You will not understand this chapter if you didn't reread the first chapter of the first book.

~~~~

"That's one hell of a story."

"I know." She coughed, making my heart wrench. "But that wasn't even half of it," she said, right before she started to cough uncontrollably. I sat up with her still in my lap. I rubbed her back, biting my lip, trying not to cry. 

"Wait a sec, I'll go get you a glass of water." My voice cracked at the end, and I turned my head so she wouldn't see me crying. 

"No Nailler," she chuckled after she stopped coughing. She sounded so lifeless and sick. Her eyes, so colorless. "I'm fine." She was lying, she wasn't fine at all. I could lose her any second now. Oh, oh God. I can't let her go, there's still hope. I won't.

"I was just coughing," said Aria. "Nothing serious." She leaned back into my chest as I put my arms securely around her. 

"I love you," I told her. 

"Niall, you know I regret doing everything to you." 

"Please, don't. I deserved it. And anyway, we got Valerie out of it. She's the second best thing that has ever happened to me."

"When she grows up, I want her to live her life. I want you to take care of her and not let anything hurt her."

"Yeah, we'll do that together. Because we are a family."

"Niall, when are you going to let it all sink in?" Her voice was hoarse, making me lose it. "I don't have much time left unless a miracle falls upon us."

She was crying. 

"No baby, please don't cry. I love you." I lifted her chin up with two of my fingers. I leaned in and kissed her. It always felt like the first time we ever kissed.

~~~~~~~Flashback 2010~~~~~~~

A guy with a head set thingy, called me and some four other guys to go back on stage.

I was devastated to say the least. They didn't call my name. But there was still a spark of hope in me. 

I also hoped that Aria made it through. Who the hell am I kidding? She killed it, she sang 'Get It Right' By Glee. She's a big fan. 

But the thing is that if I don't make it through then the chances of me seeing her again is like below zero. We grew pretty close to each other at boot camp. She was the only one that I really talked to here. 

Those four lads and I walked back on to the stage, with sad faces, and from the other side of the stage four girls walked in holding hands. 

"Thank you so much for coming back," Nicole started. "I know, judging from some of the looks on your faces that this is really hard. We've thought long and hard about this. We've though of each of you as individuals, and we just feel that you are too talented to let go of. We think it would be a great idea.."She paused and the only sound that was heard was one of the four girls sobbing. What if we make it through...? "..To have two separate groups." What?

"We've decided to put you both through" I jumped up at least three feet in the air.

"Yes!" One of the girls screamed. 

Louis covered his face, like he was about to cry out of joy. Harry had his knees up to his chest, like he was crying. But we were all happy. We made it through!

We got in to a circle, and laughed and cried at the same time. 

This day went from the worst day of my life to the best.

"Guy, girls, this is a life line, you have got to work ten, twelve, fourteen hours a day. Every single day and take this opportunity. You got a real shot here guys." Simon smiled. 

We all walked off the stage with the biggest grins on our faces. Once we were out of the judges sites, we ran out screaming. The other contestants behind us. I ran out hugging a random person tightly. We pulled away screaming happily. I looked for Aria, once I spotted her, I snuck up behind her back and scared her. 

She turned around, looking like she saw a ghost, but she saw me. She threw her arms around me and did the unexpected. She kissed me. 

Sparks and fireworks flew everywhere.

It was amazing.

~~~~End of Flashback, 2014~~~~

She pulled away and looked me in the eyes.

"I  love you," She whispered, her hand on my cheek. 

"I love you too," I told her for the billionth time tonight. "I remember the first time we kissed, the boys never let go of that." I chuckled lightly as she leaned back in my arms. 

"Yeah, I know." She coughed a couple of times. I closed my eyes. It feels like I'm the one in pain, even though that is true. 

I just can't handle the fact that maybe one day she'll leave me. And all I will have left is Valerie and Jakob. She can't leave. That already happened once I can't let that happen again. 

I've never felt this way around anyone before. I've never been able to feel this happy around anyone. 

She can't leave. I can't bear the thought of myself living even one day without her. I love her so much it hurts. 

"Can I continue the story?" It sounded like she was gasping for air. Like she was taking her last breath. 

"Maybe we should go to slee-"

"No," She cut me trying to sound happy, but failing. " Anyways, so after I told Jacob that..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YESS!!!! A SEQUEL!!! 

I know it's a short chapter but I just wanted you all to add this one to your library :)

I remember writing this and saying that it's gonna take forever to finish but look another book!! I hope you enjoy this one more that the first one :)

Love you all 

Don't forget to comment and vote! 

I love you all again

~Des :)