C10 - Love-struck Diaries

Home from the Bus Looking at Cops

I ran off the bus expecting my house to have room for me. But cops were invading every single spot I called home. "Dad!!" I called from a distance. I could hear him, calling my name back, telling the cops to let his daughter through.

"Dad! I'm here! Why'd you call the cops?!" I said, as a thought popped up into me that Dana was sueing the entire Mitchell family, for today at lunch. But what dad told me was way more worse. "Hailey's missing!"

After Calling Nina

Yes the most stupidest thing to do when your sister is missing, but sometimes letting out these kind of things is what friends are for. Would I ever survive if I didn't have anyone to tell Ross about?

"Dad, I had Nina and Austin check all her favorite places...she's not there." I said. Dad slumped on the kitchen chair and nearly blacked out, until I gave him some water, and that's when the door busted in. "Hey."

Hey? Dad and I ran to the front door. I saw Hailey stuff pot in her purse before Dad could see. "Miss me?"

"Where have you been!" Dad yelled in the same line a TV show would say if their daughter was missing. "Whatever. With friends. I tried to call the phone must've been off the hook."

"Because you took it off!" I shouted at her, as Dad looked at the striped wall phone, for family emergencies. "Do you know how worried we've been!" I yelled. "You better start explaining yourself."

Hailey laughed. "Or what? You'll ground me? You're NOT my mom!"

  It was then when I just blew up, that everything I've been keeping inside me came out. "I'm done! I'm just DONE with your sour puss ass! Do you think I like this? Babysitting you? I would do anything, I would do ANYTHING to have mom back and just be your sister and not have to worry everyday what might happen to YOU! I just can't take this anymore! You're ungrateful, you're nasty and inappropriate and you never help out around here! It's always me, Dad! AND I CAN'T TAKE IT, I CAN'T TAKE YOU! You're not my sister, you don't even want to be." I ran upstairs and made sure the door slammed, and hard.

Desiccating On My Bed

My door tipped open and I knew company wouldn't really do anything to change what I said to Hailey. "Maia..." It was dad's voice, and I sat up. Instead of Dad being mad he laughed instead, sitting on my bed next to me. "I really saw a lot of your mother in you today." It was good to know dad could always see me as her when he missed her. He had still worn his wedding ring since, showing that he probably couldn't move on. "Is it, because I lost it?"

Dad smiled. "When you were little, and you'd do something awful I couldn't punish you. I would just look at your tear stained face and say your good to go. But your mother was tough."

I remembered. When I was running in the ice cream store, she wouldn't let me go to Nina's 7th birthday party; She had a moon bounce in the backyard! "She wanted you girls to be accountable, said it would make you a good person along with your sister. And today, at school you we're far from accountable. Either was she."

Dad said looking at me with his "You're busted" facial expression and I rolled my eyes. He was planning this whole thing to end with the big finale. "It won't happen again dad."

He nodded. And I had to make sure, it didn't happen again. Cause know matter how many times Dana was an ass, I had to avoid kicking her a-- "Someone downstairs wanted to see you. I think he said his name was Resse??"

On The Porch with Ross

"I heard your arrival, "Resse."' I joked as I closed the door behind me. I calculated what we've been through this week, and forgot he had hooked up with Weirdo Georgia. He had his hands in his pocket, and he didn't look in the mood for jokes. "Maia, this morning..."

I rolled my eyes. "All is good. You've moved on." I said smiling as Ross stopped staring at the ground, and got a step closer to me. "But I haven't." He took my two hands, and I became confused. "What? I--" Ross leaned forward and before I could push him away he held me still, holding me at my waist. Trying to squeeze away, he held me closer, taking in the moment of the smelly garbage by our house when he kissed me.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* . *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Tuesday Gym On The Bleachers With Ross

"Your sister is such a rebel." He laughed. I told him all the Adventures Of Hailey Mitchell, in about the whole gym period. "I have to live with that rebel." I inform him.

He told me that he'd give anything to have a sister like mine-- I'm not sure why any sane person would want Hailey as a sister. "A rebel is exactly what I need with my boring, lazy ass parents." He says. I looked at my shoes and wondered how bad Ross' parent's we're. Ross changed the subject and took my hand.

"Hey, did last night mean anything to you?" He snickered in my ear. I wasn't smiling. At all. My actual thought process seemed to waver."Ummh...no... no, um...I... was just you know, just letting you have one kiss." Ross looked at me like I knew I couldn't get pass him, without him being stupid as fuck or saying the wrong thing. "You kissed back." He told me the obvious. "Did not, fuck. I was trying to push you doofus." I say scared.

"You know what...I only ask because I was wondering if you wanted to go to the Spring Formal Dance with me..." He says. Deep voice and eyes gazing at me all lovingly.

I froze up, and my mouth didn't open until Gym was over. I find it becoming to be rather annoying that my throat dries up around him.

Dear, Journal

In life we do things. Some things we wish we had never done , of course. But it's done... Some times what we do plays a million times in our heads. But they all make us who we are or they don't depending on which things we consider wrong. And in the end they shape every detail about us. Don't mind where you have been in the past. Focus on where your going in the present. Was that to the Spring Formal dance? With him.

Love, Maia

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* . *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Ross was running track by himself shirtless. Maia was planning on doing it earlier to clear her mind, clothed in her gym attire, instead stopping to see Ross' body glisten through her eyes and the many things she could do to that body. She thought him being here was a minor distraction and it wasn't that big of a deal to just run with him. If only she wasn't so stubborn, if only she had the words to move on and tell him to love, her only. But her tongue caught matches and her brilliance died down when she looked at this boy who was chasing her... But once Ross saw her staring, she'd done what she did best. She smiled. Although this time it was genuine at the blonde haired boy. And it didn't take long before she joined him in the sunrise to run their school's track course.

"You look sexy in that." Ross said through a pant, trying to catch his breath. Maia laughed rushing in front of him in their jog. "shut up."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* . *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧