chapter 3

We were sitting in the living room in silence. In the sofa was Mike, Mitchell, Dustin and Maria and I in the love seat. Mitchell was staring at Maria and Dustin and Mike were staring at me. I was sick of the silence. I stood up.

“I can’t believe you thought I was pregnant! I should be asking you if you got Emily pregnant!” he shot up.

“I don’t love her!”

“But you did!”

“In the past. I love you Elizabeth.”

“If you loved me then why go to your ex house drink and then sleep with her. I would never do that!”

“What about him!” he pointed at Dustin.

“He’s my friend. He was there when I found out about you and Emily. All he wants is to be friends. He understand that I love you and he respects that!”

“I don’t believe that!”

“Fine whatever.”

“I love you Elizabeth you have to believe me!” I just glared at him.

“Do you love me?”

“Of course.”

“Then forgive me and let’s get back together.”

“I said I love you but I don’t trust you. It’s time for you to leave.”

“But.”

“You need to leave and you too Dustin please.” Dustin got up and gave me a small smile.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” I just gave a small smile back. Mike gave me one last look before following Dustin out the front door. Maria and my brother were now staring at me.

“I’ll be in my room.” I tried walking but Maria begged.

“No please stay.”

“Okay this is your guys conversation. Sit  on one of the corners Mitchell.” he scooted to the left side of the sofa. I was on the right and Maria was sitting in front of us so we were formed a triangle.

“So this is why you called?” he said looking at me. I gave a small nod. He put his hands to his face then quickly removed them.

“Did you tell anyone else?”

“No.”

“My parents are going to kill me.” Mitchell and I looked at Maria. We forgot she was there.

“Maybe they’ll understand. They love me.” she stood up.

“Ya. Hey mom and dad remember when I went to London with Mike and Izz. Ya well Mike and Izz hooked up. I almost had sex with Izz ex but ended going to a party with her brothers, got drunk and slept with one. Oh and your grandparents!” her words felt like a slap.

“Well maybe if you came home with me none of this would happen!” I yelled leaving the room.

“Elizabeth.” my brother called. I spun on my heels and into my brothers. He caught my shoulders to steady me.

“No! I can’t deal with anything anymore. I’m done!” he had a worry expression.

“I think you should go back to London with me.”

“I just can’t run away. Plus someone back home wants me dead. Scratch that 2 people.”

“What about me!” we turned to see Maria. Again we forgot about her.

“I’ll be in my room.”

“Don’t close your door Elizabeth.” My brother warned. I went to my room closing the door enough not to be shut. I aid down on my bed and cried. I cried for everything. The thought of ending my life again was flooding my brain but I knew somehow my brothers would bring me back and then kill me. I guess I fell asleep because I woke up to my alarm clock. I had a headache and my eyes hurt. I slowly got out of bed and went to take a shower. I was still really depressed. When I got out of the shower my brother was sitting on my bed looking tired and concerned.