chapter 8

Dustin kept me company until my brothers showed up.

“You know I’m not going to kill him right?” Mitchell said.

“Yeah but you frighten him.” I punched his arm.

“Stop scaring my friends.”

“Isn’t that what a brother for.” he smirked. I rolled my eyes. Mitchell phone rang and he excused himself. Alex was making dinner and Quinn was helping. 

When dinner was ready we barley spoke. It was uncomfortable and awkward. I just wanted everything back to what it use to be.

“Are you going to forgive him?” Alex asked. I kept my stare on my plate.

“Yes eventually.”

“Good for you.” Quinn added.

“Good? How is that good! He cheated on her.” Mitchell said upset.

“Yes he cheated on me because he was drunk but thankfully he didn’t get her pregnant!” I regretted the words I just said even though they were true. The room was dead quiet.

“Look I know I made a mistake and huge one but I’m your brother and Maria is your best friend.”

“Was. She was my best friend.”

“Elisabeth don’t be like that.” I looked up at him.

“You don’t know her like I do! She is trouble. I knew when we became friends she was wild but I always end up saving her. Either from fights, partying and some other things but almost sleeping with my ex, then goes out drinking and ending up sleeping with my brother and get pregnant! I’m sorry but I’m threw with it. I’m am tired of saving her. She needs to grow up and face reality. Your going to find out soon.”

“So your willing to forgive your brother then your best friend.”

“I will eventually forgive you because you are my brother and you will alway be in my life. Like the saying goes friends tend to go even the best ones. How am I suppose to forgive Maria if I cant forgive Jasmine.” I took a couple of bite of food off my plant to calm myself. I knew I was getting pity looks.

“I want you in my baby’s life even if you don’t agree with the whole thing.”

“Are you planing on moving here?”

“If I need to but because it’s almost graduation I was thinking of having her come to England.” I couldn’t help but laugh.

“There is no way her parents are going to allow that.”

“Then I guess we will be roommates.”

“No either I’m going take a year off, take the scholarship to Harvard, Yale, college back home or paris or join the military.” I was being shout at by all three of them at the same time.

“One at a time please.”

“The military!” Mitchell yelled.

“Yeah you surprise? I’ve been thinking it would be good for me. If I join I’m not sure I can join here in the US so maybe back home in London. It’ll be closer. Plus we all know I’ll pass boot camp.”

“It’s not funny Elizabeth!” Mitchell was pissed and I had no idea why.

“Why didn’t you tell us about the scholarships?” Quinn asked.

“Because I wasn’t sure I was going to take them. I still want to be a therapist but I have a bunch of problems of my own.”

“You’ll do fine.”

“Taking a year off would be bad.” Alex sound serious.

“How would it be bad if I would take the time to fix myself and breath. I promise this it’s me running away but it would be time for myself and no one else.” he was quiet for a moment.

“What about school?”

“School will be there after a year. Plus I’ll probably stay at the villa in Greece or with grandma.”

“You always run to her. She won’t live forever! ” Mitchell yelled. The words stung. I knew she wouldn’t but she has always been there for me. I was pissed.

“You know what, I want you to leave me alone, stop talking to me.” I got up from the table and headed straight to my room. I called the person I hoped that could help me.

“Hey it’s Elizabeth. Can I spend the night please.”

“Thank you. Oh can you also pick me up?”

“Your the best!” I packed my over night bag and the clothes for school. Dustin was right no more running.

--------------------------------

i hope you enjoy! :)

please comment and vote!