chapter 7

I was know cleaning the mess that Mike made.

“How are you holding up?” I turned to find Quinn leaning again my door frame.

“Fine.”

“Really?”

“Yes really.” I really don’t want to talk to anyone.

“You know you can talk to me.” I sighed.

“Yes I know I can talk to you about anything but really I’m fine.” I though the last of the glass in the trash.

“Now will you excuse me I’m tired for waking up so early for school I didn’t even go to.” I climbed into be.

“Okay sleep tight Elisabeth.” he shut the door behind him. I tried to go to bed but I just could. I was so happy that Emily wasn’t pregnant with Mike child but I just can’t throw myself back at him. It’s going to take a while to trust him again. The other problem was Maria and her being pregnant with my brother child. I am so pissed at her. I let out a sigh and stared at the ceiling.

  I was tired of trying to go to bed, throwing my pillow in frustration I got out of bed and maybe my way to the kitchen. Quinn and Alex were eating something that smelled really good.

“Did you get any sleep?” Quinn asked.

“No. My brain wouldn’t shut up.” I  took a bite from Quinn plate.

“Umm yummy.” I walked over to the refrigerator.

“I can make you some.” Alex said.

“No but you can make dinner.” I turned and smiled at him. I ended up eating an apple and a pudding cup. My brothers weren’t every happy with my choice.

“So how long will you guys be staying here?”

“I don’t know but you don’t have to worry we will be staying at a hotel.”

“You don’t have too.”

“The last time we all stayed together didn’t end very well plus I know your mad at Mitchell.” Alex said with a sigh.

“I’m not mad at him.” Quinn gave me this look.

“Okay a little but I’m more mad at Maria. I knew when we became friends she was wild but I always end up saving her. Either from fights, partying and some other things but almost sleeping with my ex who got my ex best friend pregnant then goes out drinking and ending up sleeping with my brother and get pregnant! I’m sorry but I’m threw with it. They should of used common sense to use a condom!” I was pissed know.

“Take a deep breath.” Quinn said with a concerned face.

“I’m going for a walk.”

  I didn’t get that far with no shoes, so I ended at the lake by the house. They were kids with there parents playing with boats, kites and even fishing. I sat down underneath a palm tree for some shade, pulling my knees to my chest and placing my head on my knees and watched the kids play. It was extremely hot outside with the humidity and the was one of the things I hated about Florida. I was surprised by this little boy who walked up to me and sat down.

“Hi, I’m Henry.”

“Hi Henry I’m Elizabeth.”

“Why are you sitting here all by yourself?”

“I put my self in timeout.”

“Why would you do that?”

“Because I’m mad at a lot of people and I’m afraid I’m going to say something bad and hurt there feeling.”

“I did that and my mom put me in timeout. Who are you mad at? I was mad at my sister.”

“I’m mad at two of my brothers, my friend, my boyfriend, a boy at school and at myself.”

“That’s a lot of people.”

“Yeah it is. I may be in timeout for a long time.” I sighed.

“Henry there you are!” I looked up to see a women in her late forties with a little girl in her arms.

“I’m sorry if he was bothering you.”

“He was keeping me company.”

“Mom she put her self in timeout. She mad at a lot of people. It’s like when you put yourself in timeout.” she let out a small laugh.

“Well we have to go honey.”

“Bye Henry.”

“Bye Elizabeth.” he smiled at me before taking his mom’s hand and leaving. 

  I stayed there a little while longer until I couldn’t take the heat any longer. When I got home no one was home. Their suit cases were gone and there was a note on the counter saying they left but they will be back for dinner. I was glad I was finally alone. I curled up on the sofa and cried for a little bit. Pitied my life. There was a knock on the door. I wiped my tears and got off the sofa.

“Who is it?”

“Dustin.” I wiped my face one last time before opening the door.

“Hi. Come on in.”

“Are your brothers home?” I let out a laugh.

“No their at the hotel.”

“Cool.” he walked past me into the living room.

“So Mike called me.”

“How did he get your number?”

“Some chick. He told me Emily came by and the kid is not his. That good news.”

“I still don’t forgive him.”

“But you still love him. If you didn’t you wouldn’t be crying.”

“I wasn’t just crying about that.”

“But you were crying about him.”

“Shut up.”

“Look I’m just saying you don’t have to forgive him now but give him a chance. Get to know each other again.”

“We really didn’t know each other. We just jumped into things. Like true love. Like finding your soul mate.”

“Well you get to find out about your true love. Don’t run again.”

“Why not?”

“Because you know it’s wrong. You have to face your fears.” I just rolled m eyes at him. He had a point.

“I hate you.”

“Because I’m right.” he said with a smile on his face. 

--------------------------------------------

please comment and vote :)