Ch 13 The End

Mike and I spent a week in Greece. We enjoyed ourselves and didn’t worried about what we were going to do in the future, it was all about now. 

Now we are on the plane back home to spend our last week with our friends I started to panic on the inside. I had decided that I would be a permeant resident of the US and it shouldn’t be hard because I’ve have a student visa and I haven’t broken any laws. I had looked up what I needed to do before we left and I could be a citizen in about 7 to 8 months, which mean I could be a citizen no later then December. I could make grandma house a summer home well it would be winter. I just don’t know if I would to end my ties with the UK.

“Whats wrong?” I looked up at Mike.

“Nothing, why?”

“Your fiddling with you hands.”

“I was thinking we have about a month before we graduate.”

“And?”

“And 8 months until christmas. I don’t know why christmas but I always love that time of year, with family.” I smiled at him.

“Well this year we can spend christmas together” he smiled back at me.

A week after we returned I filled out paper to be a U.S. Citizen. My brothers we surprisingly support of my choice. Mike and I fought a lot before graduation because I felt like I was holding him back on his future but we would be in good terms when graduation hit. I had this ping of sadness when every one around had their parent share this special moment. Yeah I had my brothers but it would have be nice to have my whole family there and make my parents proud of me for once. After meeting Mike parents I had a strong feeling they didn’t like me or my family. I think it was mainly because my brother got their niece pregnant and because I was dating there only son. Mike told me he had something special for me but we had to drive a bit. The car ride there I couldn’t hold it any longer.

“I don’t think your parents like me or my family.”

“They are upset that Maria is pregnant at such a young age. They don’t hate you. Maybe your brother but not you.” I smiled a little.

“So when we returned from greece I applied to be a U.S citizen.”

“Your did?” he turned to look at me for a brief moment before looking back at the road. 

“Yeah. The person I talked to said that because I’ve been on  student visa for almost four years and I haven’t been I trouble with the law helps me a lot but because I’m not 18 yet I can’t take the test yet and try to be a citizen.”

“But you’re turning 18 in a couple of week.”

“Yeah so I can take it then.” we pulled up to this lake about twenty minutes from the school. Waiting there was this guy that looked like he was protecting this little table that had a candle in the middle and a picnic basket laying by one of the chairs.

“What is this?” I said turning to him but he wasn’t in the car anymore. Moment later my door was being open.

“What is this Mike?” I took his hand.

“Come and see.” Mike closed the door after me. He gave a small nod and the guy left.

“Who was that?”

“A friend.” he pulled out a seat for me.

“Thank you.” I said when I was seated.

“So we haven’t been together long and we have our up and downs but I haven’t felt like this about anyone ever and I want to spend my life with you.” he got down on one knee and pulled out something from his pocket.

“Elizabeth would you be mine and marry me?” I was so shocked that I didn’t realize that I was crying. He was staring at me. All I could do was shake me head yes. That put a big smile on his face. He slid the ring on my finger.

“Now we don’t have to get married right away, but this is a promise to you that I will always be there for you and I will follow you anywhere.” I continued to cry. I was so happy and scared at the same time.

 The next day I told my brothers and to tell you that they weren't happy was an understatement. They were slightly happy that we weren’t going to get married right away. I sat an the sofa while they gave me a lecture on why I shouldn’t get married and not with him. Maria was so excited by the new she almost broke my ear drums when I told her. She screamed so loud that Mitchell came racing up the stair.

“What’s wrong? Is it the baby!”

“Lizz is going to get married!” she was bounding. Mitchell had a frown face on.

“Yeah I know.”

“You’re not happy for her?” Maria asked.

“No.”

Mike and I decided to stay in the states for summer. Maria and Mitchell went to London and my other brothers went to go visit friends. We decided that I would go to school at Yale and he woulds stay here and go to community college, just for a year and see how things go. So we spent all summer together. It was hard saying good bye but we could try and talk to each other every other day and spend the holidays together. My brothers where excited to know I was going to school but I bet the really reason was that I wouldn’t be close to Mike. As soon as I turned 18 I contacted the guy I’ve been talking to to be a citizen and scheduled a test before I would leave to go to school. After I took the test I was told I would find out my results around christmas time.

For the first two weeks or so of school I was so scared. After getting used to a new routine and a new roommate I felt like I belonged. Talking to Mike made my days. Thanksgiving came and went. Now it was winter break I couldn’t wait to see Mike. I couldn’t wait to tell him the good new. He was waiting for me at the airport. The moment I saw him, I couldn’t help but run into his arms. After a long needed kiss I suggested we should leave I had a feeling people where staring. Mike held my hand the whole ride home.

“Hey do you have plans next Wednesday?”

“No why?”

“Well than you can come with me to my ceremony.”

“Ceremony?”

“Yes to be a us citizen.” I guess it surprised him so much because he jerked the wheel.”

“You passed?”

“I passed.” I squealed. 

“Do your brother know?”

“No I haven’t told them yet.”

My brothers were proud of me. An hour before the ceremony Maria went into labor.

I had a feeling that someone was going to ruin this for me. Mitchell was the only one that went to the hospital. We all knew that the labor will take hours and no one really wanted to be with Maria while she was in pain. The ceremony went quickly for me and I felt proud but also a little skeptical for some reason. 

Mike spent christmas with me because his parent refused to have me over. When Mike wasn’t at work we spent every single minute together. Dustin and I kept in contact. He had gotten a football scholarship and left the state like I did.

The rest of the semester went by quickly and I came back home. Things between Mike and I got more serious. We got an apartment together and I decided to go to a university near the community college that Mike was going to. 

-------------------------------------

Three year later I was half way through my degree. 

Mitchell and Maria move to London to raise there little girl.

 Mike and I ended up getting married. Ever since the day of our wedding I have never felt more loved by anyone than I do my husband Mike.

-----------------------------

Please comment!

I Want To Know What You Think :)