3: Shawn

It was around one in the morning and I'm just hanging out in my room by myself, trying to decorate it. I'm pretty sure Hayes was asleep, and I already know Skylynn went to bed around 9, but I could hear Nash and his friends being loud across the hall. I wasn't very tired and even if I was, I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep.

So I taped some pictures onto the walls and made it look nice because I know I'll be spending most of my time in here. After a while I didn't exactly know what to do anymore so I just plopped onto my bed, picking up my phone. I noticed I had one text, and it was a number that wasn't in my contacts. Curious, I opened the text and stared at it.

Hey it's Shawn :)

Shawn... Shawn.... Oh! Shawn, Nash's friend. The one that's across the hall at the very moment. It showed that he was typing again so I didn't text back just yet.

Nash had your number in his phone so I stole it haha :)

That makes sense. I was wondering how Shawn had gotten my number. I remember giving it to Nash before dinner because Mom made us siblings all exchange numbers in case of emergencies. I smiled to myself and texted him back:

I text back: hey shawn! what are you guys doing?

I bit down on my bottom lip, a nervous habit, as I awaited his reply. The typing signal popped up right before I heard a smack and loud OHH'S from down the hall. The typing button disappeared, and I wondered what the hell just happened?

The typing icon appeared again before I got another text from him saying: I just got smack cammed :/

I couldn't help but giggle quietly to myself at the text. Poor thing. I texted back: aw, are u ok? :/

It went on from there.

-iMessage convo between Madilyn&Shawn-

Shawn: Nash left a hand mark on my face

Madilyn: that's rude

Shawn: I know... so what are you doing?

Madilyn: sitting on my bed... lonely

Shawn: want some company? :)

Madilyn: that would be nice actually :)

Shawn: well these boys are annoying me so I'll be there in fifteen seconds

-conversation over-

Fifteen seconds later, my door creaked open and I looked up to see the cute boy named Shawn standing there.

"Hi," he whispers, as if we both need to be quiet. He closes the door and walks over to my bed, sitting at the edge of it. I sit up all the way and cross my legs, facing him.

"Is your face okay?" I laugh quietly, gesturing to the red mark on his cheek.

He blushed and looked away for a moment, "Yeah, they got me pretty good." he chuckles.

The first few minutes were kind of awkward, but after that I started to relax, laying down across my bed as he talks to me. I close my eyes and listen to him telling a story about some stuff him and Nash and the other boys have done before. I laugh when he says something funny, and I open my eyes to see him staring at me.

We stare at each other for what seems like forever, but I know it's only a few seconds. "Your eyes are really pretty..." he breathes out after a few moments and I laugh.

"They're just plain brown." I giggle, watching him blush. He's really cute.

"No, they're like chocolate. You have such big chocolate eyes. And I like chocolate."

"Everyone likes chocolate." I smile, and I can see a smile forming on his lips. "Aren't the other boys probably wondering where you went?" I ask after a while, even though I'm nowhere near getting tired of his company.

"I think they passed out," he laughs. "Wait, is this your way of telling me to leave? Oh, sorry.. I'll leave if you want me to." He rambles, getting up to leave but I find myself grabbing his arm.

"No, don't leave!" I blurt out and when he looks back at me I blush, embarrassed. "Um, I mean you don't have to, I just... I'm not tired and I like talking to you."

A smile breaks out on his face and he sits back down. "Okay, I like talking to you, too."

"Are you tired?" I ask and he shakes his head, but a yawn escapes from his lips. "Are you sure about that? You can go to sleep, it's fine."

"I don't want to," he tells me. "I want you to tell me more about yourself. What was your life like with your dad?"

I start telling him about how I grew up in a huge house basically by myself, with my dad and our maid, Stacy. Stacy was rude, and she hated me. She hated all kids actually. It got worse as I got older, and every time my dad would come home she would act so innocent and sweet. When I turned thirteen I realized that they were secretly hooking up whenever my dad was home. Typical.

"Why didn't you tell your dad?" Shawn asked me in the middle of my story.

"I did once, when I was eight. He told me that I was just making up stories because I was childish." I frown at the memory. I remember him sending my up to my room for making up lies about a nice girl like Stacy. "We fought a lot."

"Really?"

"Yeah," I sigh. "I wasn't really a daddy's girl."

"So you basically grew up alone?" he frowns as I nod. Somehow during my story about Stacy he ended up laying down next to me on my bed. For some odd reason, it didn't seem wrong or weird in any way. I felt like I had known him for years. "Tell me more."

I start talking about the only friends I had, Jack and Jack. Jack Gilinsky and Jack Johnson. I told him how I used to hangout with them all the time so I wouldn't have to be home with slutty Stacy. At the age of fourteen, my dad told me that I wasn't allowed to hangout with them anymore. He didn't even give me a specific reason why, but that was the day I lost my only friends. Well, not really lost. We still talked at school, and I tried my best to find ways to hang out with them outside of school, but it was hard at times.

"I'm sorry." He frowned. He looked so concerned and interested in what I was saying, but his eyes were drooping.

"There's no need to be sorry. There are people out there that have been through so much worse than me."

"Yeah, but you shouldn't have had to put up with that for no reason.." he whispers, and his eyes close for a moment. I think he's asleep.

"Shawn..." I whisper, and he doesn't open his eyes. He's asleep, and he looks so adorable. I should probably get up and go downstairs to the couch, but I simply didn't have the energy. I was tired now, and as soon as I shut the lamp off and closed my eyes, I was out like a light.