19: What

Madilyn's POV

So, we got to this beautiful part of town and it was amazing. Everything was amazing for the first five minutes of our date. So basically the walk towards everything was the best part. But then I ran into someone. Well actually they ran into me. Same thing.

Anyway, they got some of their ice cream on my shirt but that's not the point. The point is when I looked up, it was Jack. Jack Gilinsky. My (used to be) best friend. My first kiss. My first crush. You could even call him my first love. And he was standing right before me, and I never thought I would see him again.

"Bro watch where you're going." Taylor says to Jack, clearly annoyed and oblivious to the fact that I have a past with him.

"Madilyn?" Jack asks.

"Jack.." I whisper.

"What." Taylor asks flatly.

Cameron's POV

"Well she isn't replying anymore." I say, frustrated, to Matt. Neither of us are having any luck tonight. We just stuffed our faces with delicious Chinese food, and now Matt was complaining that he had to pay because I 'forgot' my wallet.

"She isn't replying to me either, I think she turned her phone off." he sighs, tossing a five dollar bill on the table as a tip for the waitress that served us and we left the restaurant. I got into the drivers seat of my car and Matt climbs in on the other side.

"Do you want me to take you home?" I ask him.

"Uh, not really." he replies quietly and looks out the window.

I glance at him for a quick second while driving. "Oh, okay. Is something wrong?"

"No.. I just don't want to go home." he tells me but I don't buy it. I know when there is something wrong with him. But I decided not to push him and just let it go, hoping we could talk about this later.

Madilyn's POV

Jack immediately pulled me into a hug, dropping his ice cream cone on the floor. I hugged him back, completely forgetting I was on a date. A few tears prick at my eyes as I bury my face into his chest, hugging him tight. "Oh my god," I whisper. "I thought I would never see you again."

He pulls back so he could look at me. "I've missed you so much. I came here to find you, and I made Jack come with me."

"How did you know I was here?" I ask him, my arms still around him and his around me.

"I asked your dad's maid." he tells me. He asked Stacy? And she actually told him? That's weird. "but that doesn't matter. I can't believe I'm actually seeing you again, I knew I would. You look beautiful, by the way."

I start to say something but am interrupted by a cough behind me. Oh shit, I forgot I'm on a date. See how quickly I can forget when I'm with Jack?

"Um, I'm lost." Taylor says. He looks confused and kind of upset. "What's going on Madilyn?"

I meet Jack's eyes for a moment and then look back to Taylor. "Um, Tay, this is Jack. Jack, this is Taylor."

"Hey." they both say to each other and I can feel the tension. Taylor and I were holding hands when Jack bumped into me, and now I was in Jack's arms while Taylor stood right there.

"I have to go find Jack," Jack then says while looking down at me. "He was really excited to see you again, even though I told him we probably wouldn't find you. You know, it would have been a lot easier of you wouldn't have changed your number."

"Aw, I miss him so much." I smile at the thought of Jack Johnson. He was always so happy and he cheered me up when I was sad.

"Oh, there he is." Jack pointed and I followed his finger to where I saw Jack talking to a group of people.

"I want to go say hi to him. Um, Taylor, is that okay? Or do you want me to stay with you..?" I ask Taylor and he just nods slowly.

"Sure, go ahead. I understand. Are you coming back?"

"Yeah, I just want to go say hi real quick and I'll be right back. I promise." I smile at him and he returns it with a weaker one. Jack and I walk over to other Jack and when he sees me his eyes widen.

"Madilyn!"

"Jack!"

We both yell at the same time and I give him a big hug, laughing at his attempt to spin me in a circle. He probably shouldn't do that.

I get lost in time as I hangout with my old friends again, completely forgetting about the boy waiting behind for me.

Taylor's POV

I sat on the bench for thirty minutes and waited. I waited for her to come back. She didn't. For some reason I had a feeling that she wouldn't. So I got up and started walking around, knowing my frown was showing but I didn't care.

I wanted this to be the best night of her life. It probably is, but it's not because of me. It's because she ran into him. 'Jack.' Who the hell is he?

While I was walking down the peer, I spotted Madilyn with the two boys, both named Jack I guess. But what stung me was not only did she lie about coming back, but she was making out with Jack right there in front of the ferris wheel.

.

Poor Taylor :(

Were you guys expecting JACK? I don't think so bc nobody guessed it was going to be him! ;)

For a quick update, comment one of two things (or both if you want) :

1. What do you think is up with Matthew?

2. What do you think Taylor is going to do after seeing Madilyn and Jack kissing?

BYE BABES