10: 3 in the Morning

Cameron's POV

"Alright I'm just going to come out and say it," Taylor says loudly while we all hangout in Nash's room. We went to the beach that day and it's around 2 in the morning now. We were all up, wide awake. Well maybe except Shawn. He's always so tired.

"What?" Nash asks with his mouth full of the cookies we stole from the kitchen counter a couple minutes ago.

"Your sister is hot and I want to date her." Taylor states simply and Nash spits out some food, as I choke on my water. No, hell no. Shawn looks angry and Matthew looks frustrated.

"Hell no," Nash glares at him. "You're not allowed to date Madilyn. None of you are."

"But why not?" Taylor presses on and Nash lets out an annoyed sigh. Nash opens his mouth to say something but is cut off when I start speaking.

"It's much more than her being hot, Taylor," I start, the rest of the boys staring at me as I go on. "She's actually an amazing girl. I will admit when I first saw her all I thought was how hot she looked, but then I hung out with her. When we went downtown together, I realized how funny she was, and I just caught myself staring at her and I love the way her cheeks are always tinted red. I noticed how gorgeous she was. I just noticed how much of an amazing girl she was." I stop when I realized what I was doing. I was saying my thoughts out loud, and all the boys were staring at me with blank expressions.

"Is there something you want to tell me, Cam?" Nash raises his left eyebrow and crosses his arms over his chest. "I already told you that you're not allowed to date her. Especially you."

"What... no. I don't want to date her, Nash. I like someone else." I quickly lie. It's already been decided in my head. I like Madilyn. There is nothing I can do about it, except brush it off because obviously it's just a small crush and nothing else more than that.

And what did Nash mean by "especially me"? Rude.

Madilyn's POV

I exited my room and closed my door the quietest I could. I couldn't stay in my room any longer, I was extremely tired but sleep just wouldn't come over me. It's almost three in the morning yet I'm having sleeping troubles. I always have nights like these.

So I'm going on a walk. Maybe it will tire me out, or just clear my head so I won't have all these thoughts racing through my mind as I try to fall asleep.

I walk down the hall, and my heart freezes when the bathroom door opens right in front of me. Cameron steps out and runs right into me.

"Madilyn?" he asks sleepily. His hair is going in all different directions and he looks so cute. "What are you doing?"

"Going on a walk," I whisper. "shh." I put a finger to his lips and he quiets down.

"It's 3 in the morning," he whispers back to me with my index finger still planted on his lip. "you can't go by yourself. I'm coming with."

"Okay." I say and he disappears into Nash's bedroom, probably to get a shirt because he doesn't have one on. He comes back out slipping a sweatshirt over his bare chest and then we quietly tip toe down the stairs. I open the front door, trying to make absolutely no noise, and I do the same when I close it. It's quiet when we start walking, and he seems so tired. "You didn't have to come with me you know," I speak up but it comes out as a whisper.

"I wanted to.." He says right before I feel something on my hand. I gasp in shock and jump to the side. I look down as my breathing comes out heavily and I see Cameron's hand over mine. "Are you okay? Sorry, I was just trying to hold your hand."