24: Sweatshirts

I rolled over in my bed and let out a big, dramatic, long sigh. I can't handle this anymore, I've been grounded for three days now and I'm bored. It's Tuesday and tomorrow is my last day of being grounded.

It's only 10 at night and I have no idea what to do, so I'm just laying on my bed with my arms spread out above my head.

Thank God my mom let me keep my phone while I was grounded, I have no idea what I would do without it. I decided to scroll through my Instagram for a while, looking at the pictures that people I follow have posted. I scrolled passed a selfie that Taylor posted an hour ago, and I frowned. He's been ignoring me.. but I kind of have up knowing he wouldn't talk to me.

Just as I was about to roll over in my bed, there was a.... knock, on my window and my breath hitched. What the hell...

It came again, but it was a soft knock. I slowly turned over and I saw a figure outside of my window. A familiar figure...

It's Shawn, he's such an idiot. A cute idiot. I rolled my eyes and got out of my bed, quietly walking over to my window and unlocking it, lifting it up. Shawn was struggling to hold himself up. "Madilyn help me, I'm gonna fall!" he whisper/yells at me and I can't help but start giggling.

"You're an idiot." I mutter as I pull him up into my room. It was a struggle, and his belt got stuck for a minute, which was very awkward because I had to fix it. I almost touched his crotch. But anyway, I got him into my room in one piece. I'm not even gonna ask how the hell he made it up here and survived but yeah.

"How do you like being grounded?" He teased me and went to plop on my bed.

"Be quiet!" I hiss at him as I shut my window. "You're not allowed to be up here."

"Oh yeah..." he is whispering now, and he pats the spot next to him on the bed. I take that as a gesture to come sit by him, so I fall down onto the bed next to him.

"So what exactly are you doing here?" I smile as I ask him. He reaches up to run his fingers through my hair and cracks a small smile of his own.

"I just knew you were dying of boredom because  you wouldn't stop tweeting about Dr. Phil."

"What does that have anything to do with it?" I ask, laughing a little because Shawn makes absolutely no sense.

"I know you watch Dr. Phil when you're bored!"

"How do you know that?"

"Whenever I come over you're watching Dr. Phil. I ask you why you're watching it and you tell me it's because you're bored. I mean, c'mon Madilyn."

I laugh again, "I guess you have a point." and I smile once again at him. Shawn makes me smile a lot...

He opens his mouth to say something but closes it right away when we both hear my mom's voice from downstairs.

"Madilyn did you get your room clean?!" She calls from the bottom of my stairs. Of course I got my room clean.... Okay no I didn't.

"Yeah!" I call back, biting down on my bottom lip.

"I'm coming upstairs to check!" she says and my eyes widen, and my first instinct is to shove Shawn off of my bed. He falls to the floor with a loud thud and I scramble around, panicking.

"Hide!" I whisper to Shawn and he nods quickly, standing up and running everywhere in my room like an idiot. "Fuck Shawn just go in the closet!" I screech and shove him in my closet, just as my mom walks into my room.

"Madilyn, this does not look like a clean room." She accuses me and I just smile at her.

"It looks pretty clean to me..."

"If it's not clean by tomorrow then you're gonna be grounded another week." is all she says before leaving my room. Did she really just. She didn't even shut the door. Ugh. When she's gone I roll my eyes and move across my room to close my door and lock it before telling Shawn he can come out of the closet. (that sounded like he was a closet gay or something what)

"Well.. that was close," he lets out a breath and sits on my floor. I sit next to him and he starts to take off his sweatshirt, tossing it across the room. Now he's only in a simple dark blue t-shirt and his khaki pants that I adore so much. 

For a while, Shawn and I just talk. We sit there and talk about anything, really. The conversation went from pizza to old episodes of Hannah Montana to him accidentally kissing Taylor on the lips once in sixth grade, which made me laugh a little bit harder than I should have. Then, the conversation drifted to Matthew's party this weekend.

"So are you going to Matt's party this weekend?" Shawn asks somewhat nervously and I nod.

"Yeah, and I'm guessing you are too?" I ask him.

"Mhm..." he seems to be thinking about something and he doesn't talk for a moment.

"I guess I'll see you there then," I tell him when I realize he isn't going to say anything. He looks over at me.

"Yeah... or, uh, we could go together..." he trails off and a blush rises up to his cheek. I started to smile, because of course I want to go with him. So I start to say of course, but then I remember that I told Cameron I was going with him..

I could barely bring myself to tell Shawn, because I just felt terrible. "Um Shawn I would actually love to go with you, but Cameron already kind of asked me... and I said yes... I'm sorry."

I catch him frown for one quick second before he tried to hide it. "Oh, okay..."

"I want to go with you but Cam-"

"No, it's okay. I swear, you'll probably have a better time with Cameron anyway," he says and my heart kind of cracks in my chest. "Uh, it's getting late. I should go." He gets up quickly and I stand up too.

"Oh. Okay," I whisper, looking up at him but he didn't meet my gaze. "Be careful."

"Yeah, okay. Bye Madilyn." he turns around and walks over to the window, unlocking it and sliding it open once again. He goes to leave, but turns around and walks over to me. He leans down to my height and softly presses his lips to my cheek, leaving a kiss there before pulling away. "I'll see you at the party." he whispers before turning, struggling to get out my window but he's soon gone.

I sighed to myself, what is going on? Back at my old home, I barely talked to any boys and now I have four of them talking to me and hanging out with me constantly.

I closed my window and turned around to see Shawn's sweatshirt lying on my floor. Oh no, he left it here. I shrugged and picked it up, putting it on.

I have Cameron, Matthew, Taylor, and Shawn's sweatshirts now. Shit.

.

AYYYEEE SORRY FOR TAKING FOREVER TO UPDATE IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN I PROMISE

okay so a lot of you commented on the comment saying you ship cameron and Madilyn the most?? that's cool then lol

Alright well I'll probably update tomorrow 😘

team taylyn

team shawnilyn

team mattlyn

team camilyn