33: First Date

SEQUEL IT IS 🌚 I WILL PROBABLY START ANOTHER FANFIC AT SOME TIME MAYBE IDK

MADILYN'S POV

"They're here." Ariel tells me and I tell my mom I'll be home before 11 like she told me before we walk outside. Since Jake is driving, Ariel gets in the passenger side and I get in the back with Shawn.

"Hey," I say when I get in the car. He looks nervous and jumpy for some reason.

"Hey... you, um, look really pretty." he tells me as his cheeks flush red, making me form a blush of my own.

"Thanks Shawn," I smile. While Ariel and Jake are paying no attention to us back here, Shawn holds his hand in mine and doesn't say anything really.

When we get to the movies, Shawn doesn't really talk. I can't help but sit on my phone as we wait for the movie to start. I have no idea why Shawn is being quiet but I'm kind of bored, I won't say that out loud though. Ariel and Jake are giggling and in their own little world as Shawn and I are just.. sitting here. I'm texting Nash and Shawn's just staring straight ahead. I can feel him glance at me every few minutes as we wait for this movie to start.

Nash: how's the date going?

I glance over at Shawn and make sure he's not looking as I begin to type back.

To- Nash: it's not bad... but it's not good either. don't ever tell shawn or i will kill you but I'm so bored 😩

I feel bad after I send it.. I decide to put my phone in the cupholder and look at Shawn. I poke his arm, "Shawn. Why are you being so quiet?"

He looks at me, putting on a smile that seemed forced. "Sorry, I just don't know what to say."

"Okay... well-" I start but he cuts be off because the movie is starting.

"Shhh, watch the movie." he puts his hand over my face and stares at the screen before removing it and not glancing towards me again. Throughout most of the movie, Ariel and Jake are making out and I almost puke. That could be me and Shawn but he's playing.

To make everything worse, this movie is terrible. I don't even know what it's called, but it's seriously awful. Shawn's hand is sitting right next to mine but he doesn't hold it. I eat most of the popcorn and drink all of my soda quickly so I'll have to pee. It will give me an excuse to leave for a minute. It works, because an hour through the movie I'm bouncing my leg up and down. I feel like I do this every time I go to the movies now.

"I'll be right back," I tell Shawn and stand up, scooting my way through the seats and exiting the dark theater. I pull out my phone from my back pocket and notice I have a few texts from Nash and... Cameron. I don't open them, I just use the bathroom, taking my time, and wash my hands before checking myself in the mirror. I check to see if I have any popcorn in my teeth, which I didn't surprisingly.

When I get back to the theater, I take my seat between Ariel and Shawn and check the time on my phone. The movie is supposed to be an hour and fifty-six minutes, and so far it's been an hour and ten minutes. 46 more minutes... please go by faster.

Forty-six minutes later, it's finally over. "Wow that movie was amazing!" Ariel comments as we exit the theater.

"Are you serious? You didn't even watch any of it! If you did you would not be saying it was amazing." I told her and once again, she rolled her eyes at me with a laugh.

"I thought it was good." Shawn speaks quietly when we get outside. It's kind of dark but it's only 8 at night.

"It was alright, I guess." I shrug. I'm lying because that movie was absolutely terrible which is probably why we were like the only people in there besides a bald man sitting in the front row. Bless him.

"Where to next?" Ariel asks Jake and he smiles lovingly at her.

"We're going to get some ice cream." he tells her and I mentally cheer to myself. Ice cream always cheers me up.

Jake and I go into a full battle on which type of ice cream is better on the ride there, and Ariel just laughs at us and Shawn is still staying quiet. When we get there, Ariel and I are told to go sit at one of the booths while the two boys go get the ice cream.

"What's up with Shawn?" Ariel asks me when it's just us.

"I have no idea.." I sigh, staring at Shawn from where I'm at. He's staring at the floor while Jake talks to the lady behind the counter. "He's being so quiet."

"I noticed.." She tells me. Jake and Shawn come back a few minutes later and I'm handed an Oreo flurry. Like I expected, Shawn was acting quiet and off the whole time so I just made conversation with Ariel and Jake.

I was trying to make the best of the night since it wasn't exactly going very well. When we left there it was about 9 o'clock at night, and Shawn told Jake to drop us off at his house. So he did, and I was now standing in Shawn's driveway with him as Ariel and Jake drove off.

"I'm so sorry, tonight was probably the worst night of your life, wasn't it?" Shawn says when it's just us standing outside in his driveway. The outside lamppost makes him barely visible but I can still see his stressed out look.

"It wasn't. . ." I start but he keeps going.

"God, I'm an idiot. I'm really sorry Madilyn. I barely talked to you all night! I was just nervous and I should have just-"

"Hey, hey it's okay," I walk up to him, grabbing his arms which were flying everywhere as he rambled, pulling them down to his sides and still holding them. "It's fine... the night isn't over yet, Shawn. I still have two hours before I have to be home."

He stares at me for a few seconds, calming down. "Do you want to go on a walk?" he then asks quietly and I nod. He takes my hand and we start to walk down the sidewalk in the dark. The lights are shining along the streets which makes us be able to see clearly.

"I was probably the worst person to ever go on a date with." Shawn tells me when we are walking, obviously not letting it go. "I suck."

"No you don't," I say, leaning my head on his shoulder while we walk. "We can always go on another date..."

"Just the two of us next time." he finishes what I was going to say.

"Yeah," I murmur and we get to the lake. It looks so pretty under the moonlight, like it usually does. "Even though tonight wasn't really what I expected, I'm still glad I got to spend time with you." I look at Shawn and he grabs both of my hands, meeting his eyes with mine.

"It's only our first date and it kind of sucked, but I'm here with you now and I think nows the time to ask.." He takes a deep breath and I prepare myself for what he's about to say next, "But Madilyn, will you be my girlfriend....?"

.

OH OH

COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK SHE'S GONNA SAY OR WHAT YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT

AND LIKE I SAID BEFORE, THE STORY IS NOT OVER YET THERE IS STILL A LOT MORE TO COME BABES