22: Jack Gilinsky

Cameron's POV

It was around 2 in the morning when I heard Nash come back into his room with Madilyn in his arms. I was supposed to be sleeping at the moment but I watched silently as he set her on his bed.

"I thought you were sleeping." Nash whispered to her, obviously trying to be quiet because he thought I was sleeping. To be honest, I asked Nash if I could stay over at his house because I wanted to be here when Madilyn got back from her date. I didn't think she would be home so late, though, and I kind of fell asleep around one.

"I was," she replies to him quietly, "but I woke up when Shawn was carrying me. I was too tired to walk so I just pretended to be asleep after that."

"Well since you're awake, tell me everything that happened." Nash tells her, sitting next to her on his bed. I didn't realize they were so close, and I definitely didn't know Nash had a protective side.

She let out a breath before speaking. "Remember when I told you about Jack Gilinsky and Jack Johnson?" She starts off and he just nods with a confused look on his face. "Well when Taylor and I were walking, I ran right into Jack. Jack Gilinsky, the one that I..."

"That you said you fell in love with?" he whispered and my breath hitches. It's a good thing they didn't hear me. She fell in love..?

"Yeah, sure. But the thing is I'm not sure if it was really love." She frowns, looking down at her hands. "I- I did something terrible that I can't take back.."

"Is that why you smell like-"

"No, that's not what I'm talking about." She cuts him off before he could finish. What? What does she smell like?

"What happened, Madilyn? And how did you lose Taylor?" Nash begins to ask the questions that I'm wondering in my head.

She shakes her head and wipes at her eyes with the sleeve of what looks like Shawn's sweatshirt. I realize then that she still has my sweatshirt and I wonder if she ever wears it..

"I just missed Jack so much that when he kissed me, I kissed him back and it.. it was a mistake."

I clench my fists when she says that she kissed this Jack dude. I want to kiss her so badly, but I can't do that when I don't even know she likes me. And I would like to take her on a date first, but that seems impossible..

"And Taylor saw it, he saw me kiss him and he ran off," she pauses and glances at Nash before she begins. "And then I was stuck with Jack and Jack because I had nowhere else to go.. And they started to, you know... Get high and start doing things that I didn't want to do."

"So you didn't..."

"Yeah, I did," she whispered and looked down in shame. "I didn't want to.. but Jack wouldn't stop until he got what he wanted. After that, we were in his car and he... he tried to come onto me but I kept telling him to stop. But he wouldn't stop and he kept telling me that he loved me. When I told him I didn't love him back, he called me a bitch."

I couldn't hear this anymore. I stood up out of bed, making both of their eyes widen.

"Are you just going to let him get away with that, Madilyn?" I ask her, standing in front of the bed.

"You were listening the whole time?" she asks me while staring up at me.

"Yeah, and I'm sorry that happened to you.." I frown. That shouldn't have happened to her.

"I'm going to go to bed... thanks Nash." she hugs him really quick before standing out of bed, walking over to me and hugging me. Surprised, I wrap my arms around her too. She pulls away and whispers, "Goodnight Cameron."

"Goodnight beautiful." I whisper back as she walks out of the room.

~

Sorry this was short but I'm giving you guys a double update today and the last chapter was kind of long so ya the next update will be in a couple of hours!

So I asked you guys this earlier in the chapters but I want to see what you guys think now that more has happened in the story

Who do you think Madilyn should be with in the end?