5: Cameron

It's been a week since I went to the mall with my brother and his friends, and I'm actually becoming really close to my other siblings. My mom keeps telling me how much Skylynn adores me, and I love being her older sister.

Nash is always hanging out with his friends. I really wish I could make some friends before this summer ends and I have to go to a new school, just so I can have someone to talk to. Even though my brother told me that his friends were basically my friends too, I still felt like I needed to go make some of my own.

So right now I decided to take a walk downtown by myself. Maybe I'll make some friends but probably not because I'm always too anxious to start conversations with people.

"Hey mom?" I stood outside of my mom's room while she was sitting on her bed reading a book. She looked up and smiled warmly at me, telling me to come in. To be honest, I don't feel as uncomfortable in this house as I did at first, but I'm still getting used to everything.

"Are you going somewhere?" she asks me and I nod.

"Well if it's okay with you."

"Of course sweetheart, but where are you going?"

"I was just gonna go downtown and explore." I shrug and look around her room. I wondered what happened to Nash, Hayes, and Skylynn's dad. He stayed with my mom after she cheated on him with my dad, obviously, or else Hayes and Skylynn wouldn't be here. But where is he now?

Just as Nash walks by the room, she says, "Do you want Nash to go with you?" which makes him stop walking and pop his head into the room.

"Nash go where?" He raises his eyebrow and looks back and forth from Mom to me.

"It's fine, I'll go by myself." I smile in assurance that I'll be fine and to tell her to just please let me go by myself and don't make a big deal out of this.

"Okay, well just make sure you're back by seven because dinner." she tells me and I simply nod.

"Okay." I smile at her before exiting her bedroom, making my way down the stairs, and walking towards the front door. Sky is watching some Barbie movie in the living room as I leave and Hayes is passed out on the couch. I wave to Skylynn before I leave and she gives me a huge smile, leaving me happy as I start to walk down the street.

On my walk down, I notice a familiar face. It takes me a couple of seconds to realize that it's Cameron. He's walking towards me, and for some reason he has a big smile on his face. He stops right in front of me, making me stop too. "Hi." he grins wider. His smile is breathtaking.

"Hey," I say with a small smile of my own. "Where are you going?"

"Nash's. Well, your place. Where are you going?"

"I'm just going downtown." I shrug, and he raises his eyebrow.

"By yourself?" he asks and I nod. He's wearing those pants. The ones he was wearing when I first met him, the black Adidas jogger sweatpants with the stripes down the sides. "I'm coming with you." He says as a statement, not even asking me if I want him to.

"Well alright," I laugh and we start walking again, side by side. "What about Nash?"

"What about him?" Cameron grins at me as we walk.

"Weren't you supposed to be going over there to hangout with him?" I ask him and all he does is shrug.

"I hangout with him almost every day. He won't miss me." he explains and I nod in understanding. I have seen him almost every day at our house the last week that I've been here. "And, I'd like to hangout with you right now."

I look up at him and smile. For some reason, Nash's friends are really nice to me. Like, nicer than I expected. I'm not complaining though.

"Hey Madilyn?" Cameron speaks again.

"Hmm?"

"Can I have your number?" he asks and I stop walking, making him stop also. He's smiling at me still. He's been smiling ever since I saw him.

"Yeah, I guess."

His smile doesn't disappear as he digs his phone out of his pocket, handing it to me. I put my contact as 'Madilyn😎' and I put the sunglasses face emoji because it was in his recently used emojis and I'm wearing sunglasses right now. Also it was the first one I saw. After I put in my number, I handed him back his phone.

"Thanks, gorgeous."