36: The Beach

JACOB FOLLOWED ME ON TWITTER IM CRY

Madilyn's POV

"Hey Madilyn, want to come to the beach with us?" I look up to see Nash and Cameron standing in my doorway, in just their swimming trunks. "We're meeting a lot of people there."

"Is Shawn going to be there?" I ask.

Nash rolls his eyes, "Yes."

"Okay, then I'll go," I answer him. "But I'm going to have Ariel come with, so I'll meet you guys there and she'll pick me up."

"Okay, see you later." Nash says to me before leaving my room. Cameron stands there for a minute, opening his mouth to say something but he just closes it. He looks like he really wants to say something but no words came out and he just turns around and follows Nash. Weird.

I take out my phone and text Ariel, asking her if she has any plans. She says she will pick me up after she gets ready. I start to get nervous as I get myself ready.. I have no idea why. I wear jean shorts and a tank top over my bathing suit and throw my hair into a messy bun. I put on my sunglasses just as I hear a honk from outside. When I peek out my window, I see Ariel's car in my driveway so I make my way downstairs.

Haylee was in the car. Great. I have to get into the back because Haylee is sitting in the front seat with Ariel. "Hey." Ariel gives me a look as I glare at the back of Haylee's head.

"Hey Madilyn." Haylee speaks nervously. She knows I'm mad at her.

"Hi." I speak flatly, taking out my phone so they don't talk to me, but they do anyway.

"How come you didn't tell us about you and Shawn?!" Ariel screeches, looking at me with a grin. "I can't believe you have a boyfriend!"

"Oh, I forgot."

"I never would have guessed Shawn, I always thought you would end up with Taylor." Ariel says.

"I thought she would end up with Matt." Haylee says.

"Oh really? I thought I would be with Cam, but that didn't work out because you-"

"Madilyn!" Ariel yells at me before I could finish, glaring at me through the mirror.

I wasn't even being serious, I never expected to end up with Cameron. I just wanted to throw shade at the moment.

Haylee stays silent and so do I. I can't wait until we get to the beach. Nash didn't tell me who was all going, but he said a lot of people were. The car ride there, I sat on my phone while Haylee and Ariel talked about One Direction. I wanted to talk about One Direction too but I also didn't want to talk to either of them, so I went through Shawn's pictures on Instagram. I wasn't stalking him, I was just bored...

Finally, we get there and I couldn't get out of the car faster. I didn't exactly know where Nash and them were but I got out anyway. The first person I spotted was Shawn, and he must've seen me too because smiled wide. I ran up to him and threw my arms around him. He laughed and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my forehead. "Hey babe." Babe.

"Hey." I smiled at him and pulled away, looking at him. Holy hot damn. This is the first time I've seen Shawn shirtless and... Damn.

"It's a good thing you're here, I was getting bored." He says and I feel myself being attacked from behind.

"Madilyn!" I think it's Taylor that yells and I get crushed into a hug. "I haven't seen you in forever!"

When I'm let go I look up to see Taylor. I actually haven't seen him in a long time... like, almost two weeks. I was used to seeing him every day because of Nash but he hasn't been around lately. "Where have you been?" I ask him with a laugh.

"I've been busy," he shrugs and looks over me at something. I turn around and see Shawn still standing there with a pout on his lips. He steps forward, and wraps his arms around me from behind and pulls me against his chest. Taylor raises an eyebrow, "why are you two so close now?"

"We're dating." Shawn replies.

"Oh." Taylor says. Oh, that's all anyone has to say anymore. Oh. "That's cool."

Taylor's POV

Madilyn and Shawn go over to where everyone else was hanging out and I walk up towards where my car was. My heart hurts.. like it is physically hurting and there's nothing I can do to stop it. I have never fell for someone, so I don't know if this is what it is. I don't like this feeling.

I get into my car, closing the door behind me and putting my head on the steering wheel.

I love her.

.