Chapter 12

So I texted him telling him to come over.

But I couldn’t kill him here—it would be too suspicious.

So when the doorbell rang, I grabbed my jacket and locked the doors and pushed Robert out of the way as I closed the door behind me.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“We can’t talk here because my mom has some friends over,” I lied. “But I know somewhere safe we can talk.”

“Um, okay.”

He got in the driver’s seat of his car while I got in the passenger. I was wearing two sets of clothing; I didn’t want my DNA to be all over his car so I wore my dead step father’s clothes. I had a switchblade in my pocket, a taser (mom bought it for me to keep the boys away) and my gloves were already on my hands.

He looked at me. “Why are you wearing that hat?” He asked me. Oh yeah, I was wearing my step father’s baseball hat to cover my face.

“I don’t exactly want to be seen with you,” I sneered. “Can I use your phone? I forgot my phone at home and I forgot to tell my mom I was going out.”

Robert handed me his phone without complaint and I erased the text I sent him and I handed him back his phone.

“Where are we going anyway?” And then I told him where I wanted to go and told him the direction.

Thirty minutes later, we stopped the car in the entrance of the woods.

“Why are we here?” He asked.

“My parents owns a cottage ten minutes from here and it would be a perfect place for us to talk.” I got out of his car.

He sighed but followed me as I made my way towards the wood.

About ten minutes of walking he started to get annoyed. “Are we there yet?” He whined.

I was in front of him so I turned around and kissed him. After a few seconds, he started kissing me back.

I got to say, Robert was in my top 5 of the worst kisser ever. His breath tasted like butt and his tongue was going in the wrong direction.

I pulled away to catch my breath.

“I always liked you Robert,” I lied. “But I didn’t say anything cause I thought you wouldn’t really feel the same way about me.” 

“Re—really?” He stuttered.

I nodded. “Yeah so where is my necklace?”

“In my car and don’t think I forgot about what you did.”

“Of course not,” I pouted. “The cottage is like literally five minutes away.”

We started walking again and then I started running. “Catch me if you can.” I yelled over my shoulder.

“Melanie.” I heard him yell but I kept on running.

He started running after me but I was faster. I quickly climbed a tree and hid. Soon Robert advanced.

I could see him looking around frantically. “Mel.” He yelled.

He started walking nearer to the tree and before long he was below it. I waited for the right moment and then I pounced on him. 

I smashed my arms over his head. He collapsed to the ground but I wasn’t finished with him just yet.  I grabbed the taser and zapped him before he could say anything.

He was squirming like a fish out of water. And then I grabbed the switchblade out of my pocket and his eyes became wide.

“You should have minded your own business.” I smirked.

And then I cut his throat open and blood dripped down the blade. I tucked it back in my pocket and made my way out the wood leaving a dead Robert behind.

I was familiar with these woods so I was out ten minutes top. Robert’s car was where we left it so I walked up to it.

His doors were locked so I smashed the driver’s window with my hands. Let me tell you—it hurted and pieces of glass were sticking out my hands. But that’s not what’s in important.

I searched frantically for my necklace and I finally found it; it was in the floor near the driver’s seat.

That bastard put my gold necklace on the floor? I should kill him.

Oh—oops; I already did that didn’t I?

I ripped the sleeve of my shirt and wrapped it around my hand. I should have that looked at.

I raced towards the nearest bus stop and I took the bus that left me near my house.

When I got home, I started a fire in the fireplace and I started burning all the evidence; the switchblade, my clothes, the hat and my gloves.

 And then I went to the hospital—to get my hand checked out. It wasn’t broken or anything but the doctor put a cast around it.

Then I went home and went to sleep.

I’m in control.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 votes till next chappie