chapter 8

Have you ever felt guilty after something you did?

The guilt hadn’t come yet. I was too focus on not getting caught then anything. It was 4 o’clock meaning that I only had two hours until I had to get ready for school.

But I wasn’t planning on going to school anyways. But then something hit me—how suspicious would that look that Aaron’s body was found and I didn’t go to school? I had to go.

But before I could worry about school, I had to get rid of the evidence. Thank god for my fireplace. I started a fire and started burning the evidence—first was the clothes; my dress, and the clothes I was wearing when I dumped Aaron’s body. And then the baseball bat. And then last but not least, the duffle bag.

But the guilt still hadn’t come. I couldn’t come to the term that I killed someone—a living, human being.

After the burning, it was 5:30 and I figured that it was a good time as any to get ready for school. 

I took a shower, got dress, did my make-up and ate some breakfast.

And still I felt no guilt.

I drove to school a little early then I’d anticipated. My heart was pounding out of my chest. Could they tell something was different about me? Could they sense that one of their classmate is a killer?

“Hey Mel!” Someone yelled from somewhere and I searched for the voice until it was standing right in front of me.

Robert Davis.

Aaron’s best friend.

“Um hi Robert, what can I do for you?” I tried to keep my voice calm but in the inside I was sweating.

“What are doing here so early?” He asked and I shrugged.  “Did Aaron come to your house last night because he said he would and his mother said he didn’t come home last night.”

“Aaron Martin?” He nodded. “Nope after um we had sex, he left and I never saw him again.”  It surprised even me that the lie came easily.

“Oh okay.” And then he walked away. That was close.

I walked inside the school; ready to begin the day.

Aiden’s POV

Arguing—that’s all we’ve been doing ever since Holden was born. And it was always about that same thing—sex. Holden was asleep and I was afraid of waking him up so I left despite Laura begging me to come back.

I didn’t have time for this—I had to get to school.

Because of the argument, I got to school earlier then I wanted to. So I went to my classroom and started thinking about my life and family. I felt bad for knocking up Laura at such a young age but it doesn’t mean she has to make me suffer.

A knock came at my door and I looked up as Melanie walked in, closing the door behind her.

“Can I hang out here before class starts?” She asked and I nodded. And then I went back to thinking about my sexless life.

“What are you thinking about so hard?” Melanie’s voice made me snap out of my thoughts.

“Nothing.” I assured her.

But she gave me a look that said she didn’t believe me. “Come on, you can tell me. I don’t have any friends to blab your secrets to anyways.”

I looked at her and my eyes stare at her beautiful violet eyes. And then I started to tell her everything and then she sat there and listened.

After I was done, she started smiling at me. “Why are you smiling? You think my life is amusing?”

She shook her head. “No I’m smiling because I know how to solve your problem.”

“What are you talking about? I can’t force my wife to have sex with me.”

She rolled her eyes. “I never said that the girl had to be your wife.”

I looked at her, confused. “Come again?” She walked up to me and she started rubbing her hands against my thighs. “Whoa, hold on little girl. You’re my student and I am not going to cheat on my wife.”

“Okay.” She sighed. “What if you come over my house today and we will just try it out and if you don’t want to do it, you can go back home to your wife but if you enjoyed it then I won’t tell a soul and you could have me whenever you want”

I thought about it—wait I’m actually thinking about it? I can’t cheat on my wife but like Melanie said, she would never know. 

I found myself nodding and the bell rang. Melanie gave me a seductive smile and gave me a peck on the lips. It was just a peck but it left me wanting more.

Oh God, what have gotten myself into? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASEE

VOTE

COMMENT :))