Chapter Four

Me and Amber walk into the house were my mum, dad, cat and Holly are sitting at the table in the kitchen. They're all looking at me with knowing grins on their faces—Well, apart from our Holly that is, she is too busy looking at her iPad.

Mum's cooked her famous Shepard's pie, Amber loves coming here for tea when she knows mum's making her shepherd's pie—I've gotta say, it's fucking delicious. "So, when were you going to tell me you knew Justin Casey?" Dad asks me as I sit down. "The lad has just been given a good deal with us" he smiles as he eats his food.

I roll my eyes. "Dad, I only met him this morning— like Justin said, he got lost trying to find his way to Blue Saints" I tell him.

When suddenly, Amber butts in "Oh my god Eva—Justin Casey, do you think he's related to that author you love? LA Casey? She's from Ireland, isn't she?" She asks me.

I nod. "She is, but I doubt that they are babe" I sigh.

Although that would be fucking boss if they were...

I'm stuffed after finishing my tea eating everything on the plate, well worth the extra calories though. "Thanks for tea mum, delicious as always," I say as I kiss her cheek.

Amber comes over. "I second that ma, am in a food coma" she says as she kisses mums cheek.

"Thank you, girls" Mum smiles as she wipes around Holly's mouth with a napkin.

Amber nudges me. "Anyway babe, I've bought some clothes and that over—cos it's Friday, an' you ain't got shit to do" She says quoting Friday again.

"Language," Mum and dad say in unison.

"Sorry," Amber says sheepishly.

"That coma didn't last very long, did it?" I tease and she flips me the bird discreetly, I laugh pulling my tongue at her, I walk over to our Holly to say hi to her before she gets ready for bed. "Holly, looking at me" I ask her, we use looking at me as a tool to get her attention— though it doesn't always work. Holly looks at me with the biggest smile. I smile back at her "Hey beautiful, how was school?" I ask her, and she starts to rock back and forth in her chair, flapping her hands in excitement. "Duncan, Duncan—Eberton" She chants clapping her hands. Oh my god—

I gasp. "Wow babe, did you see Everton? Did you play football?" I ask her as she rocks excitedly. "Kick, Kick" she shouts happily. I look over to mum, dad, and Catherine they're smiling brightly at her—Mum has got tears in her eyes, she does this a lot, I don't blame her like. Getting told if your child doesn't speak by a certain age, then they probably never will. It just makes everything Holly does and accomplishes that more special to us, I look back to my little sister. "I love you Holly" I say placing a kiss on her head. Normally she doesn't like physical contact—but she's in a good mood, so I soak it up like a sponge.

"Come on Eva, we need to get ready, Jen got us tickets in the VIP area at Circo." she says excitedly. Circo, is a popular club in town—we've seen a few football players and actors there, the last few times we've been. Amber takes me to my room and rummages through her collection of clothes. "Right, you can weeeeeear, this one" she decides for me placing it on my bed. Walking over I pick it up, it's a dress— a gorgeous one at that and royal blue too, my favourite colour, the colour brings out the colour in my blue eyes which is a bonus. Amber notices my scrutiny of the dress, she knows I love it—she smiles at me knowingly with a wink, I roll my eyes grinning at my girl. "Come on bitch face, time for me to do my thang," She says as she gets all her hair and makeup stuff out.

"Babe, am gonna get a quick shower first, okay? Cos, I stink" I laugh. "Try and Be quick though babe, yeah?" She tells me as she organises her stuff. After a quick shower and a brush of my teeth, I spray deodorant on and walk out the bathroom with a towel wrapped around me— Amber's fidgeting impatiently as I walk in my room "Sit, sit, sit" she says impatiently tapping my chair "Alright calm ya tits woman, am not a dog" I scowl at her. "Just sit your fuckin arse on this chair Eva, Times-a-wastin" She growls, rolling my eyes I sit down on the chair.