Chapter Nineteen "I have to go."

"I have to go," Lukas announces with an evil look in his eyes as Paris walks back into the house after Lilly pulling Lance of of her, breaking Paris's heart even more.

"Why? Scared my pack will kill more of your men before the war even starts?" Paris says with a smirk, watching as his expression darkens, something itching to fall out of his lips and into the ears of hers, but he holds himself back and puts a fake smile on instead, one that Paris can see through easily because she wears one everyday.

"No. I just need to get back. Been a busy day," he says, which is half true. He has been busy lately, but the plan of her weakness is so good.. he just can't miss the opportunity.

"Okay then, well then bye," she says bluntly as she opens the door for him.

"Goodbye Paris, I'll be seeing you soon! Much sooner than what you think.." He mutters the last part that is barely audible to a humans hearing but funny thing that we all know is, she's not human. She hears if perfectly, but shrugs it off, feeling the uneasiness in her stomach as he walks away with his guards, a knowing smile on his face.

She shuts the door, sliding down it till her butt hits the floor, putting her head in her hands.

"Why? Why did I have to live like this?" And for the first time in her life, she asks a question that would hurt any werewolf's feelings, a question that could possibly make her mate feel like nothing. A powerful question indeed.

"Why can't I be human?"

~

Her lips form in a frown, tears falling down her face as she watches the kids in the pack playing a human sport called 'kickball' oh how she wishes that when she was younger, she could have been normal like that. But she was training to fight, after all, people thought she was going to be alpha of the 'Blood Pack.'

She sips at her cold coffee that she had made around an hour ago, feeling the numbness run through her like the coffee makes a shiver run down her back.

Completely normal.. right? To her it was.

The coldness never left her body when she came to this pack and people started to love her. Love is a strong word though, it isn't a pickup line like a human country singer 'Tim McGraw' had once stated in his song 'Humble and Kind.'

She hears a distant sound of footsteps that belongs to outside of her house, and to prove she's right, she hears the front door open and shut. The sound of footsteps padding up the stairs and her office door opening quickly, alarms her.

She turns around abruptly, staring at the tall, handsome boy who looks the same age as her, standing by the door and watching her intently.

"Alpha," he addresses. She nods her head slowly, turning back around to the view of the trees.

"What do you want?" For the first time in a long time, she asks politely. She's been doing a lot of first things lately, she notes to herself.

"Well.. there's been an emergency," he says quietly, making her turn around with her right eyebrow quirks up.

"What type of an emergency?" She asks him, setting her cold coffee down on the windowsill as she watches him intently.

"I- well.. he- uh.." He stutters and gulps nervously, his eyes scared.

"Spit it out," she says softly, smiling slightly, the depression making her not want to be mean to anyone but her enemies, and this boy is certainly not her enemy, he's family. He's her pack member.

"Lance has been kidnapped." The four words make her fall to her knees, the slight smile falling off her face and her dried tears suddenly turn wet again, her body shaking, and her lungs gasping for air.

-

She turns around, looking at the wall before doing the one thing she had promised Lilly and Jackson she wouldn't do that day. She starts to climb the stone wall, before jumping off the top and landing on her feet.

She searches for footprints, the gun and knife still in her pocket. The voice in her head has came back as she knows the only things that were keeping her sane are now gone.

She runs in her now wolf form, already knowing where her destination is set to go.

The Blood Pack.

She knew that the second Lukas left with that knowing smile and that damn threat 'much sooner than you think' that he was up to no good. Somehow, maybe when Lance had given her a hug was when he found out that he's her only weakness, other than her mate of course but their not that close. Unless you count the burning mark on her neck that he gave to her against her will.

She stops, looking at the gate that surrounds her pack that she grew up in. She knew that this was dangerous, but she could care less if they killed her, just as long as Lance was safe.

She turns into human form, changing into the bag of clothes she had carried in her mouth before opening the gate, no guards around and walking to the town, the hoodie over her head as she remembers the smell of her home pack.

The pack she grew up in, is surrounded around the towns stage. And the devil himself stands on it, speaking into the microphone with a grin as Paris puts a whole bunch of evergreen spray on her so it masks the smell of rogue, or at lest makes it less noticeable.

"And now that we have got the one thing we needed to destroy the famous new alpha! We can win the war as Alpha Xavier mourns for his going to be dead mate when she comes for her son!" Alpha Lukas says through the microphone with a grin. So he knew all along that Xavier was her mate?

Her eyes turn black as the pack stares at him, looking sad. Paris was good to her pack, she had helped many even if they were too scared to talk to her.

Paris didn't know that the voice in her head had claimed control of her body, and before she knows it, the voice makes her do something that could be considered good or bad. But in her case, she smiles as she grabs the gun out of her coat pocket and raises it at Lukas.

The sound of the gun firing makes everyone's blood run cold and hers pump with adrenaline as she watches him hit the floor, the microphone clinging to the ground loudly as everyone turns around with wide eyes at their new leader.

The leader they were always supposed to have.

"Hand me my fucking son now before I shoot every single one of you." She growls, raising the second gun that nobody had seen out.

One gun in the right, and one gun in the left.

And around four-hundred pack members standing in front of her with sad eyes, but they look ready. Ready for what? Well she doesn't know. But she'll find out soon.

"Mommy?" Lance whispers, running through the crowd. She drops to her knees at the sight of her baby boy and holds her arms open for him to run into.

But he doesn't run into them. He stops at the edge of the crowd, looking at her.

He looks at her with hate.