Chapter Seventeen "What do you want Lukas?"

^New book, go check it out loves!💜^

She sits at the table in the kitchen, her hands wrapped around a coffee cup that at one time was filled with steaming hot coffee, but now.. it's three hours cold and she doesn't even know. Her lips are in a thin line, dried tear stains on her cheeks, you can smell the power of an alpha radiating off of her, the small scent of rogue lingering inside of that too. Her blanket is around her shoulders that was supposed to keep her warm but anybody could simply sense that she isn't warm, her body is frigid cold. It's just like touching a glacier of ice. Her eyes are blue, yes, but they're distant as they look out the kitchen window above the sink that you can see from where she sits behind the counter. Her body is no longer shaking but you can feel the pain she is going through, even if she is hiding it.

Nobody wants to leave her by herself for fear that after last night, she would see to committing suicide. Every time she hears someone bring up what happened to a pack member, thanks to Xavier's big mouth telling Lilly and Lilly being a gossiper, she feels pain. She often thinks about what would've happened if Lance had walked into the room, seeing the girl who's supposed to be his mother, trying to commit suicide without even being able to control her body.

She doesn't know what happened to herself that night. All she knows is the voice came back, the voice that came to her mind when Alpha Lukas killed her father.

The voice isn't good, it only creates bad.

If someone, even Xavier, heard about the voice inside of Paris's head, they'd probably think she was crazy and needed to be in a mental asylum. But she couldn't stop it if she tried.. the voice made her sometimes help others, but sometimes it told her that she would help others by committing suicide.

She believes that, that night she almost committed suicide without being able to control her body, was the voice's work. She thinks that it made her do it.

But she's crazy.. right?

She looks down, for the first time in three hours that she has looked away from the window that made the voice somehow go away, the trees made her feel at home. Sounds strange, but it was the one thing that could drive the evil thing away from her.

She had told Xavier that night, that they always win. When he had asked what always won.. she had replied your demons.

She had said this in her full control, she knew the voice was agreeing with her when she had said this because.. well, the voice was her demon. A horrible one at that. It doesn't know how, or when to stop. Sometimes it scares her, knowing that it can just leave at anytime and come back as it pleases, well it frightens her to death. Nobody would understand this, hell, Xavier would think she's crazy.

Well, that's what she keeps telling herself.

Right at this moment, he was far away from her. He had went back to his own pack when Lilly and Jackson made him. They'd said that Paris would need to be alone for a while, and as usual, they were correct.

But little did they know that Paris needed someone to take her darkness, her demon away.

Hell, she couldn't even be by Lance for a while due to her 'crazy act' as the doctor of the pack had said. Paris shuts her eyes, remembering how Lance had looked at her with so much hurt when he finally had found out why. He blamed himself for it, but it was no one's fault. Unless you could simple blame Alpha Lukas, which in a cowardly way, Alpha Paris did. She did blame Lukas.

Paris hears a twig snap, and standing up quickly, her hearing sharp from the hours of listening and staring, she sees the one person she thought she'd never see on her land, or until the war when she'd kill him herself, for her parents.

Alpha Lukas stands tall as his long strides towards her house take a while, guards behind him looking everywhere nervously as if they'll get attacked any moment. Which, secretly hoping from Paris, they would.

She hears the knocks on the front door and since she's decent with converse, jeans, and a black v-neck with a Columbia jacket on seemed okay, she opens it to be met with the evil eyes of Alpha Lukas, although he doesn't deserve the title of alpha.

"Lukas, how nice it is to see you again." She replies sarcastically, the depression high on her body right now, the bags under her eyes very visible.

"You look terrible Paris," he says quietly.

"Well thank you," she says snapping at him. He looks at his guards and nods, Paris still hoping that her pack of rogues will attack them but they don't, they just steal curious glances at their woman alpha and the male alpha before going back to their business.

"I heard you found your mate." He says quietly, his perverted gaze lingering on her stomach before her neck that her mark is covered in foundation, invisible to his eyes.

"Yes I did, and if you must know from your curious gaze, I am not pregnant with pups and nor do I plan to be." She growls, walking away from the door and sitting on her couch, grabbing a bottle of wine and bringing it to her lips.

"So.. who is he?" He asks curiously, sitting on the chair across from her. The glare she gives him is so strong, that if it was possible, he'd be burning.

"What do you want Lukas? You kick me out of my pack, kill my parents, and now you expect me to be nice? Cut to the damn explanation before I slice your neck open with my sword." She growls, throwing the wine bottle on the glass table in front of her that lands on its bottom.

"I heard about you almost doing that to yourself. Missing the pack already Paris?" He asks with a smirk, his evil eyes looking into her somewhat calm eyes, but little did he know about the knife in her pocket, or the gun in her jacket. Little did he know, this was the calm.. before the storm.