45 Minutes

2 weeks later

NAYELI POV

I woke up to an empty apartment so I decided to stay in bed a little longer to think about things.

For the past 2 years, my life has changed dramatically!
Since 15 years old, I've been feeling like I'm alone. No parents, no siblings not even grandparents that I know of.
My time alone felt way harder because I was dealing with trauma at a young age. Never talk to anyone about it...at least until I met Kia. She was very easy to talk to. She didn't judge and she made it a safe place to break down if I had to. When we fell apart, I realized how much we actually didn't know each other but through that I gained Carti. That alone was a wreck in itself but we had our good times.
As much as he did wrong, I still can't hate him, hell...I must admit that I even want him around a lot more now. Of course, there's some shit that we gotta sort out but as of today, we've been managing our time well with our daughter. Carti has his pros but him giving me Nova is one of the main reasons to why I still have this deep love for him. I'm not talking about loving him as a baby daddy. I'm talking more than that.
If I'm being honest, i wouldn't mind going back to the old days with him...I just wish he was more honest with me.

_______________________
Later that night

I finally got myself ready to go out to the bar

I finally got myself ready to go out to the bar. I had intentions on staying in the house tonight but to my surprise Kia invited me out so that we can catch up.

"Where is that damn purse?" I said as I look throughout my room. I was growing frustrated by the minute because I'm never on time. I reach for my phone so that I can reassure Kia that I'm still coming. I didn't want her to think I ditched her especially since we are trying to fix things.

Nayeli: Sorry! I'm still going. I'm just trying to find my purse.
Kia: No worries! I was just about to text you! I'm a need at least an hour😬 . Jace babysitter is running late. I'll text you when I'm on my way.

I smile at my phone because I truly do miss this. Texting and hanging out with her again really puts me in such a positive space. Despite her running late, that gives me time to find my purse and get something to eat.

Right when I turn around I see Carti just standing at the entrance of my bedroom.
"What the hell?! You scared me!"
I don't know why he's here but it was strange that he didn't say anything. Just staring at me as I casually do shit.
I look him up and down and realize that none of Nova's things were with him, not even Nova herself.
"Where the hell is Nova?! What's going on??"
"She's with Killo, chill."
Carti starts to approach me with a smile on his face. I don't know why but my stomach instantly started hitting backflips when I see him observing me.
"B-But.. it's your weekend, Carti. You're suppose to be with her...not Killo."
He stands over me and starts to deeply chuckle. I think he knows that I'm kinda shy right now.
He's looking good and he's smelling rich. How can you blame me?
"You stay buggin'. Yunno that? Killo doesn't  mind." He simply says.