Meek

NAYELI POV

"I'ma ask you one more fuckin' time, where the fuck is the money?"
"We don't hav-"
"Pow!!"

I urgently jump out of my sleep when I heard the gunshot. It's 8am with little to no sunlight streaming into my bedroom. My heart was beating loud and fast. My dream was so vivid that I was in fact, surprised that I've been sleeping this entire time.

I rub my tired eyes and went to the bathroom to wash up. My mind was still racing as I stare at myself in the mirror. I pondered on everything that I could've did to save my parents before bursting into tears. I'm so sick of this scene playing over and over in my head. I just want to erase my whole memory because I'm always left with the fact that there was truly nothing that I can do.
I really need to get out this house. It wasn't doing me any good to sit here and recollect my trauma.

I got dressed into something casual then got in my car to drive to no specific destination

30 minutes later

After 30 minutes of driving around, I finally come across an off the road park side and parked my car to get some fresh air. It looks as if I was in the middle of nowhere due to the tall trees and the lack of people. I can still hear traffic on the highway but I was off far enough to not be seen.
This is exactly where I want be to have some peace. I sat on the trunk of my car and close my eyes to meditate on my thoughts.

From the distance, I can hear someone talking from behind me which was kinda odd. I figure that this place was pretty secluded but what do I know? It is still a open park just not a popular one. People probably come out here all the time for some alone time.

The male voice seemed to get closer. He wasn't talking to me but perhaps he was on the phone. I didn't think too much of him lingering from behind me simply because I was so caught up in wanting peace that I completely let my guard down. My eyes remained close as I start to imagine my parents and I. All the good times we had together and how things would've been today if they were never killed.
I was becoming beyond relaxed until someone snatched me up by my neck.