Moving On

2 & half years Later

NAYELI POV

"They didn't tell us where the money is." Meek says to someone that he was on the phone with .
"It's not anywhere in the house? It gotta be in that fucking house somewhere!"
"No! We've been looking. He said he already moved it out of the country."
"Fuck!" A man aggressively yells over the phone.
For the first time, I was downstairs observing the intruders stand over my parents lifeless bodies. I was in plain sight but somehow the intruders never acknowledged me standing there.

"What do we do now?"
"Well did you kill him?"
"Yeah, him and his wife."

There was a moment of silence before I start to feel the energy in the room shift to darkness then suddenly my parents were looking at me. They were still on the floor bleeding but they were the only two people aware of me standing there.

"They're coming back.." My papi said.
"They're coming back.." My mom said.
"Who's coming back?"
"They're coming back!" My parents continued to say.
"Who is they?!" I began to cry.
Before they can respond, they were shot again multiple times.

I quickly jump out my sleep and place my hand on my chest. I try to calm my heavy breathing down due to this vivid nightmare I just had. I haven't dreamed about my parents being killed in years. I found it alarming because I thought that these on going nightmares were finally over...but..I guess not..
This nightmare was different! I use to dream about being in the closet, feeling helpless and hearing everything go down. This time, I was downstairs watching the aftermath of my parents death. It was like I became a witness to something that I never actually saw in real life.
I shook the thought out my head and got up to get myself ready for today.

I started thinking about everything that actually has happened these pasted two years.
I can honestly say I'm doing a lot better now.
Cause what the hell was I thinking giving all my time to a man that stayed in the streets? I should've known better but I'm glad shit had to change.

Im single than ever and still working at Strip Tease. That isn't a surprise but I do have a real reason to why I'm still there. Money at Strip Tease has always been fast...fast enough to provide for two.

The real reason to why I went in on Lina was because I was pregnant with Carti's child. He was playing me for sure but it really hurt my feelings to be pregnant by a man that allowed a girl to get comfortable with making me look stupid. That night made it clear to me that Carti was willing to keep Lina a secret no matter what. He never said he was wrong for fucking with her but apparently I was in the wrong for catching them in the act.