I Won't Compete

Month Later

CARTI POV

Today was my time to have Nova again. She  is with El from Monday through Thursday
and she stays with me from Friday to Sunday.

___________________

Lina and I are still in a relationship. She usually mind her business when it
came to El and I. They still don't like each other but it hasn't been any bickering between the two. Last week she came back home from visiting her family in Texas. The whole time she was away, she only hit me up one time. She's always been free to do and go where ever she pleases but her not speaking to me was different.
I didn't feel the need to question her behavior because I did something I didn't have no business doing. I fucked El just the other day. I doubt she knows but I didn't want to cause an argument and have her questioning me. Me fucking El again had nothing to do with Lina acting different. El just has this sex appeal that makes me act up but she clearly doesn't want to be with me.

 El just has this sex appeal that makes me act up but she clearly doesn't want to be with me

~Picture of Nova

"Carti?!"
"Yeah?" I can tell by the tone of Lina's voice, she was about to bitch about something.
"Your daughter shit is everywhere!"
I'm lying in the bed, preoccupied with counting my money. Lina really been trying to find a problem with Nova lately.

"What shit Lina?"
"Toys!"
"Well stay out of her playroom. You just standing in there trying to find a damn problem!"
Lina can tell she that she was starting to piss me off with all this unnecessary bitching!
"But damn Carti I just clean the house! It's not my fucking responsibility to keep cleaning up after a child that's not mine."

She constantly been saying that to justify her rudeness towards Nova. It isn't her responsibility to clean up after her but she can simply leave shit alone. I'm not asking her to do shit for her. She takes it amongst herself to be a maid.

"You right! It's not your responsibility, nor did you pay for those toys or this house."
I look down and continue to count my money. She's been getting on my nerves but I'm really not trying to violate her like I can.
She rolls her eyes and leave back into Nova's playroom.
"Damn, Lina bugging." I said to myself.

I can see from the baby monitor that Nova toys were everywhere. She does tend to dump everything out and lose interest in her toys pretty quick but what toddler doesn't do that? She was already on her iPad watching Coco melon. I just don't see how Lina gets so frustrated because regardless, it's a playroom. Lina needs to let her be because like she said, Nova isn't hers.

I was almost done until I heard Nova crying.
"What the fuck?!"
I went into the room to see Lina putting her toys away. I was about to push her down, but Nova didn't need to see that.
"Get out Lina.."
"For what?!"
"Because you doing too much right now."
"Well you're not doing enough!" She shot back.
I roughly grab her wrist and pull her out the room.

"If you think that you can treat my child like this, then you can get the fuck out!"
"I'm not leaving" she says as if she was unbothered.
"You think I'm playin'?"
"You must be if you think I'm about to get out! She wasn't even playing with them!"
"So what? Leave her the fuck alone!"
"Whatever! I didn't do shit to her!"
I nodded because she clearly was going to stand on how she feels and I was going to stand on mine.
"That's a bet." I simply say.
I grab Nova so I can get her ready for bed. It was getting late but I need to set Lina ass straight.

LINA POV

I honestly could care less about Nova. She isn't my child but I do feel like she gets in the middle of Carti and I relationship.
Carti got me fucked up if he think I'm about to bow down to his demands. I understand being a parent but he is not trying to meet me half way. His child is messy and I'm nobodies maid.

I've been so aggravated lately. I was missing my daughter back home in Texas. I didn't hit Carti up because I was with my baby father.
We've been in an open relationship for years. I like to have other niggas on the side, which has been Carti for the past 4 years.

I let my baby father have full custody of our daughter Journey because I didn't want her in this type of lifestyle. I never wanted to settle down so I was fine with visitations.
I'm honestly getting tired of Carti and Nova's shit. Carti was fun until he became a dad. He never ignored me but his role as a father become the main role in his life.
I do love him but at the same time there is so much shit we needed to work on and it sure as hell wasn't tending to a baby that ain't mine.

Later that night
CARTI POV

Lina has been in the room since we argued about Nova. I may have let her slide earlier but I wasn't finished. I finally put Nova down then I went to my bedroom and closed the door.
"What the fuck is your problem?!"
Lina was already showered and preparing to get in bed.

LINA POV

LINA POV

"I don't feel like arguing right now." I sat down to lotion my legs. I can feel Carti staring.

"What?" I said with annoyance.
"It's funny how you had all that shit to say earlier now you wanna be quiet"
"Because you just don't get it and clearly I don't get you so I'm not about to debate you about the situation."

CARTI POV

Lina was coming across like she doesn't care anymore and is waiting for the day to actually leave. That's fine with me. I just wish she say it and move around. I'm obviously not the man she use to be crazy over. All she's been doing is taking up space and complaining.

"You know I'm not forcing you to be with me."
"Yep, I realized."

I don't get her. If she realized this then why the fuck is she still here? I was about to question her but she turns the lamp off on her side of the bed and acts as if she was going to sleep. It's time for her to go. We're just not on the same page anymore. I'm going to let it go tonight but ole girl gotta make a move sometime this month.

Feedback, Please💙