A Plan

"Teedee!" Barbara's voice came from the speaker. "Whatever you do, don't listen to him! Keep yourself sa......"
*SLAP*
"If you don't do as I say...your parents could meet a very painful end." Joe's voice said with venom in his voice, no longer trying to be calm.
Stevie was sobbing loudly now. "Please! Don't hurt them! What do you want me to do?!"
"I want you to get on a plane, and come to Phoenix. Come to your parents house alone with no one else. Especially NO COPS! As soon as you get here and I know you won't try to trick me, then I will let your parents go and then we can leave and go somewhere no one can find us." Joe said. "We can start a new life together. We will be together forever. But if you don't cooperate...and if I see you brought back up well then you know this will end. I'll give you a few hours to think about it. I'll see you soon."

There was a click then silence.
Lindsey's blood was boiling; his face was red, his anger rising by the second.
The detective hung up the phone then turned to his colleagues to discuss what their next steps were going to be.

Lindsey's anger faded as soon as he saw Stevie was having trouble breathing from sobbing so hard. He quickly controlled himself then started to comfort her.
"Stephanie, breathe Angel, breathe." Lindsey said rubbing her back.

Christine pressed the call button.
A few seconds later a nurse came into the room. "Ms. Mcvie, what can..."
"Please, help my friend. She's having trouble breathing. I think she's having a panic attack!" Christine cried, tears streaming down her cheeks.

The nurse quickly sprung into action; she grabbed the oxygen mask that was behind the hospital bed and turned it on.

Lindsey got off the bed allowing the nurse to help Stevie.
The nurse placed the mask on Stevie's face then said. "Alright sweetie, breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Deep breaths." She rubbed Stevie's back in a circular motion. "That's it." The nurse encouraged.

Stevie did as she was told; she breathed in and out, the oxygen mask helping immensely.
"Better?" The nurse asked sounding concerned.
Stevie nodded her head slowly; she laid back her head on the pillow as the room began to spin.

The nurse stayed for a few more minutes to keep an eye on Stevie.
The nurse saw Stevie looking a bit better so she excused herself.

After a moment, Stevie took off the oxygen mask then moved to get off of the bed but Lindsey stopped her.
"Whoa Steph, what are you doing?" He asked.
"I have...I have to get to the airport. I have to save my mom and dad." Stevie said, her voice hoarse from crying.
"Stevie, you can't get on plane. You're eight months pregnant, almost nine! You can't fly!" Lindsey said his voice filled with worry.
Stevie stood up and said. "I know...but I have to get to Phoenix. He'll...hurt my parents...or worse. I...I don't have a choice."

Lindsey brought her close and embraced her; she laid her head on chest and her tears continued to fall. Lindsey felt powerless; he didn't want Stevie to go anywhere, especially anywhere where Joe was.

"Mrs. Buckingham, why don't you lay down for a moment and take a breather." The detective said. "We are going to come up with a plan to get your parents safely out of harms way and to capture Mr. Walsh."

Stevie didn't say anything; she just got into bed and laid on her side then closed her eyes. She wanted to escape; she didn't know how much more she could take. Also, she was beginning to feel some cramping in her abdomen.
She hid it well; she didn't want to worry anyone anymore than they already were.
Too much was happening already.

A few minutes later, the detectives went over the plan that they came up with with Stevie and everyone else that was in the room.

"Alright, if your doctor clears you for flight then we all will fly to Phoenix where the police there will be waiting for us. Now, here comes the tricky and dangerous part; we want you Mrs. Buckingham to go into your parents home so Mr. Walsh can see you. We will be hiding while still surrounding the house so he won't see us. What we want you to do is, pretend that you want to leave with him and get him out of your parents home. Once you both come out that's when we will make our move. Which means you will have to move out of the way quickly so you won't get hurt."

"I don't like this! I don't like this at all! There's so many things that can go wrong! Are you all crazy to make a pregnant woman put herself into a dangerous situation like this! I won't let Stevie risk her life or our child's life!" Lindsey said as his anger came back.
"Linds..." Stevie began.
"No Steph! It's too dangerous!" Lindsey said his voice raised.
Stevie looked away and began to sob again.
"But...my mom and dad! He'll hurt them if I don't show up!" Stevie sobbed. "I...I want my mom!"

Lindsey took a deep breath; he held her close once again. No words were said; everyone was silent.
Christine held one Stevie's hands as she too had tears rolling down her cheeks.

Moments later, the doctor came in and checked on Stevie and the baby.
"Well, everything with the baby looks good. However you, Mrs. Buckingham, your blood pressure is high and if we can't control it, you are at risk for early labor. But, with everything you are going through, it's understandable." The doctor said. "Mrs. Buckingham....I'm sorry but...I can't allow to fly."
"But....I need to get to Phoenix!" Stevie sobbed.

Everyone was at loss; no one knew what else to do. The doctor left soon after leaving Stevie more distraught then before.
No one was wanted Stevie to risk her life and of course the baby's life.

Stevie gave up then; she laid back down on the bed and curled into a ball as much as her belly would allow and stared at nothing in particular. She felt numb; no more tears were shed.

Sorry this chapter wasn't that exciting. I'm was going to post yesterday but was kinda stuck on this chapter.
Sorry for any mistakes; I will edit later.

Also, I wanted to ask you all, what do you think,Stevie should do in this situation? Should risk her life to save her mom and dad?
Or...should someone else step up and be the hero?