Drowning

Stevie was now in her second trimester and things did not get any better for her.
The nightmares had started some time after Stevie had moved into the condo; they would cause her to wake up screaming and dripping with sweat.

Lindsey would wake up and would hold her until she calmed down.
It was hard getting her to fall back to sleep after waking up from the nightmares.

"Why won't they stop!? I wish they would stop! They feel so real!" Stevie sobbed as she clung to Lindsey.
"Shhh...it's okay Steph. They aren't real. You are here with me in our bed." Lindsey said trying to soothe her.

It was quiet for a moment; Lindsey couldn't help but place his hand on her belly where a bump had begun to form. He loved that baby so much already.

Stevie closed her eyes; she hated when Lindsey would touch her belly. She wouldn't even acknowledge it, only remembering she was even pregnant when Lindsey would remind her.
Stevie jumped up and said. "I...I'm going to take bath. Maybe it'll help calm me down."
"Okay, I'll join you." Lindsey said.
"No!" Stevie said her voice rising then adding in a calmer voice. "I mean...no. I want to be alone for a while."
Lindsey sighed. "Okay, I'll wait up for you."
Stevie nodded as she got out of bed.

Stevie walked into the bathroom closing the door behind her. She then turned on the faucet to the tub and tested the temperature.
Once getting the temperature to her liking, she filled the tub then added some of her favorite bubble bath.
She took off her nightgown then she got into the tub and sunk until only her head was above the water.

Now that she was alone, a fresh set of tears rolled down her cheeks.

She was alone with her thoughts; she began to wish a lot of things.
She wished that she had never met Joe.
She wished she and Lindsey would have worked out their relationship sooner.
She wished Joe would have just left her alone. She wished that she would just love this baby the way she had loved Angel.
She wished she could love this baby the way Lindsey loved them already.
She wished the nightmares would stop.
She wished that she could just stop feeling.
She wanted to be numb.

Without realizing what she was doing, Stevie sunk her head underwater.
She held her breath for as long she could.
As time passed by her lungs began to protest; she needed air.
But still she continued to stay underwater.
Her lungs felt like they were on fire.
Suddenly she felt herself begin to lose consciousness.

Lindsey laid in bed thinking about ways to help Stevie; he didn't know how. Plus, he wanted to bring up the subject of seeing a therapist to Stevie. He didn't know how she would take it but what he did know for sure was Stevie needed help.

Lindsey grew impatient as he waited for Stevie.
Suddenly his chest tightened; fear coursed through his body.
He jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom.
He opened the door then saw that Stevie was fully underwater.

"Stevie!!!" Lindsey yelled as he rushed to get her out of the tub. Tears ran down his cheeks, the tears blinding him. "Oh god baby! Don't do this me again!"
He took her in his arms and noticed her face was pale and her lips were blue.

He began CPR; he did this for a few minutes but still Stevie didn't respond.
He knew he had to call an ambulance.

Lindsey ran to the phone and dialed 911.
After the call, he ran back into the bathroom.
He placed a towel to cover Stevie's naked body then once again performed CPR.

In between breathing into her mouth, he would repeat over and over again. "Please Stephanie! Come back to me! I can't lose you! I love you!"