I Wish

Stevie continued to go to her therapy sessions as the weeks passed. Stevie had brought up her intimacy issues and Dr. Baker gave her some tips on how to help with her situation.

Each night Stevie would try those tips and at first it was hard for her but as time passed, she began to go further and further with Lindsey.
But she had yet reached that point of going all the way.

Lindsey was patient as ever; he listened to what she had say and taking her lead as they tried each night.
They would fall asleep wrapped in each other's arms. Stevie felt safe by her husbands side.

As Stevie reached her seventh month of pregnancy, she threw herself into getting the baby's nursery ready.
She picked out the colors of paint she wanted the room to painted, she chose a theme for the room which would be music.
Music notes, guitars, drums, tambourines and microphones would be spread out throughout the walls of the room.
She bought a beautiful crib with a matching changing table and dresser drawers. She began buying her baby boy clothes and filled the nursery closet with them.

After Lindsey painted the room, he set up the crib while Stevie watched as she rocked in the rocking chair that Lindsey had made for her so it could match the rest of the furniture.
The crib was the last to be set up as the rest of the furniture was in its place.

Stevie smiled as she watched Lindsey put together the crib; her hand rubbing her belly as the baby moved around.

Lindsey placed down the mattress in the crib and it was now complete.
He moved it to the place that Stevie had told him where she wanted it then he took a step back and smiled at his handy work.
He turned turn to face Stevie and saw tears rolling down her cheeks, her hand had stopped moving and now rested at the top of her belly.
"Stevie?" Lindsey asked as he rushed to her side and kneeled down in front of her. "Baby, you okay?"
Stevie nodded her head. "Yes. It's just...seeing everything set up and in its place has made it so real." She said with a smile. "The room is so beautiful. I can't wait till he's here."
She continued to rub her belly and wiped her tears with her free hand.
Lindsey smiled then stood up and kissed her lips.
"I love you." He said as he pulled away.
"I love you too." Stevie replied.

One day, Stevie's manager had called and talked to Lindsey. He thought it was best to talk to Lindsey first before talking to Stevie.

As Lindsey listened he was glad that Stevie was taking a nap.
Stevie's manager told Lindsey that Joe has been sending Stevie letters to him since he didn't know Stevie's new address at the condo.
He said he hasn't opened them but thought if the letters contained anything negative that Stevie could use them as evidence just in case Joe decided to do anything stupid.

Lindsey was worried; Lindsey asked if he could drop them off so he could read them.
Stevie's manager said yes and that he would be over soon.

Lindsey decided to not to tell Stevie this information. She didn't need to worry about this.

Once Lindsey had the letters in his hand, he checked on Stevie before he went to the kitchen.
He grabbed himself a drink then opened the first of five letters.

Lindsey's anger began to boil as he read all five letters that Joe had sent.
The letters were disturbing; Joe wrote in his letters how he would get out one day and try to get Stevie to fall in love with him again. Joe would repeat himself in the letters and he would go into detail of ways to sexually satisfy her.
Joe had become even more delusional than he already was; if anything, he had completely lost his mind.

Lindsey took a deep breath and exhaled slowly as he tried to control his anger.
He grabbed the letters and hid them into a kitchen drawer that was hardly used. He would get them and hide them better later, right now he needed some air. He grabbed a couple of beers from the fridge and walked down to the beach.

He sat down on the sand and looked out to the ocean as he sipped his beer.
The wind blew gently across his face, he closed his eyes and thought of ways on how he could protect Stevie.
Sure Joe was in prison right now, but there would be a time when he would be released and who knows what Joe might do once that happens.

Lindsey knew that they couldn't go into hiding; that wouldn't be a way of living; having to look over their shoulder all the time.
Plus, music was their life; they couldn't just pick up and leave; they had Fleetwood Mac and Stevie had her solo career.

Tears began to roll down Lindsey's cheeks as he now looked out to the ocean again.
He cried for his wife and for what she had gone through. He cried because it hurt his heart to see her struggle each day to get better.
Joe had left her a completely different person; she wasn't the out going, life of the party chatter box that she was known for being.
She was now this quiet, reserved and fearful person that no one recognized.

Some time later, Lindsey was drinking his last beer when Stevie joined him.
"Linds?" Stevie said quietly as she walked closer to him.

Lindsey wiped his tears away and looked up at Stevie. He smiled at her; she motioned for him to help her sit beside him.
Once she was next to Lindsey, Stevie laid her head on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around her.
"What's wrong Lindsey?" Stevie asked as she had seen his tears and also saw the empty beer bottles.
Lindsey wanted to lie and say that nothing was wrong but he knew she wouldn't believe him.
"I was just...having a pity party for a moment." Lindsey said. "I know I can't turn back time and change things but...I just wish I could so I could have protected you better."
Lindsey's tears rolled down his cheeks once again. "I wish I could have stopped Joe from taking you. I wish I could have stopped you from meeting Joe...from marrying him. I wish..."
Stevie put her hand on his cheek. "Shhhhh..." she said. She caressed his cheek, her touch calming him. Her tears spilled from her eyes. "I used to play that game too. The one where I wish for a lot of things. Wishing to change things that happened in the past. I soon realized...in order to get better...I can't do that. We can't do that Linds. We can't go back, only forward."

Lindsey looked into Stevie's eyes. "I know...I'm sorry. I was just having a moment." He said. "I love you."
Stevie smiled. "I love you too."
Lindsey leaned over and kissed her lips.
He pulled away and asked. "Are you hungry?"
"Yes. Your son and I are starving." Stevie replied with a chuckle.

Lindsey laughed; he stood up then helped Stevie to stand. They made their way back into their condo.
Lindsey pushed all thoughts of Joe's letters out of his mind for now. He would worry about them later. For now, he wanted to enjoy the evening with his expecting wife.