The Visit

A few seconds passed then Stevie began to cough up water.
Her eyes flew open as they met Lindsey's anxious gaze.
"L...l...linds?" Stevie said hoarsely after coughing up a good amount of water. "What happened?"
Lindsey sobbed as he held her close to him. "Oh Steph. I found you underwater. You weren't breathing."
Stevie's mind rushed to the last thing she remembered; she remembered that she didn't want to feel anymore.
"Linds....help me! Please...I want to feel normal again!" Stevie begged.
"Shhhhhh...I'll help you. I will always be here for you. I'm going to get the help you need." Lindsey said his tears falling fast.

Lindsey kept his grip on her afraid she lose consciousness again. Stevie lips were still blue and she was shivering from how cold she was. Lindsey grabbed more towels and wrapped then around her.

A moment later, Lindsey could hear the sirens.
He laid Stevie down to answer the door for the paramedics to come inside.

Next thing Stevie knew she was lying in her hospital bed. She had a hospital gown on and was covered in a few blankets.

Lindsey had dozed off in the chair that was next to Stevie's bed but held her hand the entire time.

Stevie wasn't asleep, she just had her closed and for the first time she was paying attention to the strong heartbeat of her baby.

Usually during her appointments Stevie would turn away from the screen not wanting to see the baby. She would also tune out the heartbeat.

Now however she concentrated on it.
Stevie began to tear up as she remembered the dream she had while she unconscious.
She had dreamt, or she thought it was dream, of a little girl who looked to be the age of four or maybe five.
The little girl was beautiful even though Stevie couldn't really see her clearly; the little girl had a bright white light radiating off of her.

The little girl began to speak to her.
"I hate to see you so sad mommy. I know the mean men hurt you but please you need to be strong. It's not your time yet! My baby brother needs you." Angel had smiled then said. "Everything will be okay! I love you mommy!"
Suddenly Angel had disappeared. That was when Stevie had woken up in Lindsey's arms as he had saved her life.

The tears flowed down her cheeks.
Stevie took in every word that Angel spoke.
Stevie lifted her free hand and placed it on her belly trying not to disturb the fetal monitor.

She began to sob out loud as she felt her baby bump for the first time.
"Mommy's so sorry." Stevie whispered to her bump. "So sorry....I love you. Mommy loves you!"

Lindsey woke up as he heard her sobs.
"Steph? What's wrong?" He said as he stood up and sat down on her bed.
Stevie pulled him close to her and sobbed into his chest. "I'm sorry Lindsey. I didn't mean to do that...I didn't realize I went under. I promise I'm going to get better. I'm going to do it for you...for me and....for our baby! I love you both so so much."
Lindsey closed his eyes as his own tears fell.
"I love you too. We are going to get through this."

Stevie nodded her head; she then asked Lindsey to lay with her.
She told him that she wanted to start seeing a therapist. She knew she needed professional help.
Her "visit" from Angel had opened her eyes. She was also relieved that she hadn't harmed her unborn baby, her son.

Lindsey agreed, he said he would call around and find the best therapist that was out there.
But for now, they just held each other until they both drifted off to sleep feeling hopeful of the months to come.

Short update! Didn't want to leave you all hanging for too long.