Breaking News

Two weeks had passed when Lindsey and his lawyer made their way to the police station.
Lindsey wanted to see if Joe could get more time added to his sentence because the letters didn't stop. They kept being sent to Stevie's manager who would then hand them over to Lindsey.

Lindsey and his lawyer sat down with the detectives that were assigned to Stevie's kidnapping case.

Even though the detectives agreed that the letters were disturbing, there was nothing they could do to keep Joe in prison.

The only thing that they told Lindsey what he should do was to get a restraining order placed on Joe when he would be released from prison.

Lindsey felt defeated at what he was hearing; he was basically being told that nothing could be done unless Joe made the wrong move and that was what Lindsey was trying to keep from happening.

*Some Time Later*

"Jeez Nicks! What do you have in there?" Christine said as she looked at Stevie's bare eighth month belly. "It looks like an alien moving all around."
Stevie laughed, her belly bouncing. "Christine!"
Christine laughed then said. "Okay okay. I'm sorry. It just looks weird. So...have you and Lindsey chosen a name yet?"
Stevie pulled down her blouse covering her belly then rested a hands on her belly. "No, not yet. The ones we came up with just don't feel right. I think once we see him we will come up with a name."

Suddenly, Stevie closed her eyes and began to breathe in and out.
"Are you okay Stevie?" Christine asked.
Stevie nodded then opened her eyes. "Yes. I'm fine. It's just Braxton Hicks contractions. The first time I felt them I was so scared! Lindsey rushed me to the hospital to make sure everything was okay. My doctor said it was Braxton's. They're the bodies way of preparing for actual labor." Stevie said. "I'm...I'm scared Christine."
"Aw love. Everything will be alright." Christine said as she took one of Stevie's hands in hers. "Just think, you will soon hold your son in your arms then everything else won't matter."
Stevie smiled a little and squeezed Christine's hand. "Thanks Christine."

The door opened and in walked Lindsey, Mick and John all carrying bags filled with their dinner.

Lindsey calls for Christine and Stevie to join them in the dining room.
"Chris?" Stevie said.
"Yes Stevie?"
"Could you help me up?" Stevie asked shyly.
Christine chuckled and helped Stevie stand up from the sofa.

They joined the men in the dining room where they all ate and talked.
Stevie felt at ease; it had been a while since she felt like herself. She was still quiet but now she would smile and laugh whenever Mick told one of his jokes. Even when they were just talking about what was going on in her band members lives, she had a smile on her face.

Of course they talked about the arrival of baby Buckingham which all were excited to meet.

That night, Stevie couldn't sleep; she was tossing and turning.
It wasn't because of the baby moving around or anything to do with her pregnancy; there was just something she couldn't place that was making her anxious.
It was a strange feeling that she could feel creeping into the air.

She looked over and saw Lindsey sound asleep. She sighed then got out of bed.
She pulled on her robe and walked to the nursery.
Stevie began straightening everything in the nursery even though everything looked perfect in its place.

She then chose an outfit for the baby to wear when they would bring him home from the hospital.
She packed it in her bag that she had packed the month before. She was prepared for when the time would come to head over to the hospital.

It was two in the morning when Stevie began to feel tired.
She wasn't sure if she could fall asleep still so she went into the living room and turned on the tv.
She laid down on the sofa and flipped through the channels but found nothing interesting to watch so, she left it on a news channel not paying attention.

Her eye began to close when she heard.

"Breaking news! Six inmates escaped from a Los Angeles prison at 10 pm last night. A man hunt has been issued and the LAPD with the help of local sheriff departments are on the look out for these six inmates."

Six photos were placed on the tv screen.

"Among the six inmates is Eagles band member Joe Walsh who is serving a five year sentence for the kidnapping and rape of singer Stevie Nicks. If anyone has seen these six inmates please call...."

Stevie sat straight up, her eyes wide, tears threatening to fall. Her breathing increased; she began to tremble in fear.

"Lind...sey! Lindsey!" Stevie screamed loudly. "Lindsey!"

A few seconds later, Lindsey came running sleepily down the hall.
"Steph?" He asked rubbing his eyes. "What's wrong?! What is it?!"

Stevie was sobbing uncontrollably now unable to speak.
She pointed at the tv where the photos were being shown again.
Lindsey stepped closer and sat next to Stevie.
Lindsey thought his heart would stop as he saw Joe's prison photo on the screen.

"Again, if anyone comes across these six individuals, please contact your local police..."

Lindsey instantly wrapped his arms around Stevie; he could feel her trembling.
"He's....he's coming...to find me!" She sobbed. "He...he won't...ever stop until...he does! He won't let us ever be happy!"
"Shhhhhh Steph! He won't find you! He doesn't know we live here now. Plus this place is secure and has the best security. He'll probably go by the house thinking you're still there. I'm going to call the detectives and I'm going to hire extra security that way they can keep a look out. They can catch him if he does stop by there." Lindsey said trying to keep calm. He pulled away to look into Stevie's eyes. "I won't let anything happen to you Stevie. I'm going to protect you with everything that I have."
Stevie had calmed down a bit from listening to Lindsey speak. She nodded her head and wiped her tears away.
Lindsey placed a kiss on her lips then went to make the phone calls he said he was going to make.

Stevie sat back on the sofa still reeling from hearing that Joe had escaped. She knew that what Lindsey had said was true; Joe didn't know where they lived now.
She was safe; she was still a nervous wreck and wouldn't let her guard down until Joe was caught and taken back to prison.

Lindsey came back and sat next to Stevie then brought her close to him and held on like there was no tomorrow.
Both were lost in their own thoughts and sat in silence; sleep not coming anytime soon.

The sun was rising and still both were awake and wrapped in each other's arms.
The phone rang and Lindsey stood up to answer it.
Stevie was exhausted and wanted nothing more than to fall asleep.
She thought of making herself a cup of tea in hopes it would help calm her nerves and allow her to get the sleep she needed.

Lindsey walked back to Stevie with an expression that made Stevie's heart race.
"Who was it Lindsey?!"
Lindsey kneeled down in front of her and held her hands. "Steph...we have to go to the hospital. Christine was just admitted."