Reigning Pain In New Orleans

(The Abattoir / Newly' Returned Mikaelson Compound)

Aria's POV.

After Marcel had surrendered and bowed down to Klaus, he decided to take back the Abattoir from Marcel which was originally the Mikealson's Compound. And this morning Klaus has set up a dinner table in the courtyard to celebrate his return to leadership over New Orleans and his repossession of the Abattoir compound from Marcel.

The vampire army, including Marcel and his closest friends, are seated around the table, and Klaus and Hayley are seated at each end, as I am seated next to Hayley with still no understanding in why I was invited, or why I came. But Hayley did tell me that Elijah was well again and that he was back in the quarter, but I haven't had the chance to talk to him. Klaus suddenly calls for everyone's attention to give a speech by tapping his glass with his fork as a smirk finds its way to his lips.

"Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift: immortality. After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows do diminish with time. But, as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine" Klaus says, obviously parting me and Hayley from most of the speech.

Klaus then gestures toward a group of waiters and waitresses to have them join them at the table, one for each guest except me and Hayley.

"Insatiable need, exquisite pain..." Klaus trails off as the servants slit their wrists with knives, filling the cups with blood for the vampires. And I don't know about Hayley, but I'm trying not to throw up "Our victories, and our defeats..." Klaus smirks as he looks at Marcel, and raises his glass in a toast to the others "...To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow..." Klaus trials of as everyone but me and Hayley raise their glasses, and I'm surprised Marcel did.

"... And the party never end!" Marcel finishes.

"To New Orleans" Diego says.

"To New Orleans!" Klaus repeats.

"New Orleans" Everyone but me and Hayley repeat, and everyone but us drink.

"I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership, and I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No, my intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have. What Marcel, in fact, took and built for this true community of vampires" Klaus explains to them.

"What about them?" Diego asks, and he points at me and Hayley at the far end of the table "The witch and The wolf" Diego finishes.

"Had you'd let me finish, Diego, you would know that there is, of course, one further matter I would like to address" Klaus says as he walks over to the other end of the table where me and Hayley are "As many of you know, the girl is carrying my child, and according to the witches, Aria is linked her through a witch vision. Consequently, I trust you will all pay them both the appropriate respect. However, I understand that some of you are concerned by this vicious rumour that I intend to use the blood of our child to create hybrids. I assure you I do not" Klaus tells them.

"Father of the year" Hayley smirks sarcastically, and I grin at her comment.

"It appears I will have to earn your trust. Very well. We'll eliminate the root of your anxiety. You see, how I can I sire any hybrids if there are no more werewolves alive in the Bayou to turn?" Klaus explains mildly frustrated. and me and Hayley look at him in horror.

"What? Klaus, no!" Hayley shouts at him horrified.

"So... Eat, drink, and be merry. And, tomorrow, I suggest you have yourselves a little wolf hunt. Go ahead, have fun. Kill them all!" Klaus tells them as he ignores Hayley's protests.