Chapter 6

"Raphael, you better have a good reason for cancelling my last check up with Jordan and passing me to an asshole of a nurse?!" I yelled, clutching the phone that was in my hand as I walked out the hospital doors and entered the awaiting car.

Fuck. I was super pissed off. First, I doll myself up for a man that was to serve as my distraction; then, instead of said man, I end up drawing in another perverted sadist that was supposed to be a civil servant, before I lost my gears and literally stabbed his ass with the pen he was holding. Damn. Could this day get any worse? Aside from humiliating myself like that, I don't think so. What I am thinking about is the reason why my plain-as-a-rock attendant was nowhere to be found and why Raphael was the cause of it.

"Woah, baby munch. What's got your panties in a bunch?" Raphael answered, his tone playful and teasing.

"You damn well know why. Why the hell was I examined by a different nurse upon your request? I was perfectly fine with Jordan. Mind explaining yourself?" I gritted my teeth in irritation, waiting to hear him explain himself. If he didn't give me a good reason, I swear I'll slice this pathetic excuse for a manager into pieces and feed it to the sharks in the ocean.

Nah. I don't even believe man-eating sharks could swallow something so disgusting and ugly. Definitely not.

"Eric, babes, calm down. Look, ya'll should be thankin' me I got that boy off for a day. He was nothing but a pain in the ass, specifically yours. Granted he did save you from that perverted doctor, so I'm nothin' but grateful for that." He answered, his words sounding muffled. He must've shoved something in that disgusting mouth of his and just went on talking like it was a normal thing.

God, I hope he wasn't in the middle of sex and decided it was okay to take a call. If thats the case, then I ain't going anywhere near his phone.

"You better not be in the middle of fucking, Raphael, 'cause I mean serious shit right now. You don't know what you did and how you affected my plans because of this little stunt you pulled! I'm seriously pissed with you." I looked out the window and glanced back at the hospital.

My bodyguard-slash-driver was the one that had to bail me out of that joint, bringing specific instructions from Raphael. I was thoroughly frustrated but I did want to leave immediately, so I sucked it up. And while he was busy fixing my stuff, I dressed up in the clothes he brought with him. Sure, I was glad I didn't need to wear that horrible piece of cloth on my body, but removing it was a sure sign that I was leaving and the mission I had set myself out to do was considered a failure without me even attempting anything. Yeah, pathetic, right.

I did drop by the nurse's station after I signed my release papers, using my angelic facade again as I asked where my bear was. Yes, my bear. That's the nickname I came up for him. Why? Because I fucking wanted to, that's why.

Wait. What was I talking about? Shit. I lost track of my thoughts again. This always happens and it riles me up so much. I hate when my mind wanders off to neverland whenever I think of him. It makes me lose my bearings and I can't afford that. Not if I wanted to succeed in getting him where I wanted him. Failure was not an option.

Okay, now where was I again? Damn.

"They told you that he didn't have any rounds today, right? The guy deserved a break after I dragged him to the police station regarding that matter with Sean. Besides, it was just one check up, Eric. It's not like it's the end of the world. And Jordan did say that it wasn't that big of a deal. What are you so upset about?" He chuckled, the sound of him swallowing something entered my ears. "And no, I wasn't in the middle of fucking. I was in the middle of blowing someone off when you graced me with this ridiculous call."