Chapter 1

Have you ever had your heart ripped into a million pieces then glued back together only to shred it in a food processor?

Yeah, I thought so. Well, unfortunately for me, I had mine repeat that whole process not once, not twice, but ten times. I'll tell you straight up, it hurt like a bitch. What's worse is that I even used my award-winning smile and angelic face! Like, what the fuck?! I'm perfect, I'm THE man everyone wants to sleep with! How could you dump me for an ex-lover and stomp all over my feelings?!

I know what you're thinking and I'll say it myself, don't worry about it. We don't want you thinking I'm ashamed when I'm such a fine specimen of a man. That's right, I'm in love with myself. The most handsome narcissist in this entire planet, as my manager calls me.

My platinum blonde hair was soft and luscious, giving off this magical look that had shampoo companies craving for. Sharp nose, luscious lips, and black eyes that drown you, I'd say my face was the perfect package. Add in my toned body, topped off with my perfect tan, and you get Eric Giordanio.

No one was as beautiful as I was. Everyone was trying to meet me and appreciate the 9th wonder of the world that I was. I was constantly showered with appreciative glares and suggestive smirks, even when I was at my less beautiful state. Frankly, I don't use the word 'ugly' on me because there's never a time where you'd find me like that. Not that I'm boasting or anything, just stating a fact. And even with all these compliments, praises, and leers, I can't help but think it isn't enough.

Sighing loudly, I combed my hair with my fingers, staring at my reflection as I watched myself do that simple action. God, did I look good just combing my hair. I can't believe someone like me just had my heart broken 16 months ago. Riley must've been sick in the head to even consider letting someone like me go.

Riley.

Riley Lancaster. A name that to this day still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. He was my childhood best friend and this perfect angel's first love. With his auburn hair, blue eyes, and pale skin, he captivated me. He was smart and witty before he met the bastard that stole him from me, got him pregnant, and made him a cold and uncaring prick. In the end, Riley chose the asshole and dumped my gorgeous self to kingdom come.

Now, I'm on the road to healing; however, I haven't even reached a checkpoint and have been running in circles ever since.

Can you blame me? All I ever wanted was for Riley to love me and only have me in his heart. But, you can't force someone else to fall in love with you, no matter how gorgeous of a person I am. Cruel as it may seem, he allowed me some time to heal before returning to 'best friends'. And, I was wasting that time when all I ever wanted to do was go back and whisk him away.

Nah, it wouldn't suit me being the bad guy. Just like in every movie, the protagonist is always the most breath-taking. All I have to do is move on.

"Eric, honey, you've got three photoshoots for today and two commercial shoots; so I suggest you take that delicious bum of yours to makeup and get on with your life. Boy, you got a magazine to shoot and you're not getting paid to stare at your spicy-hot reflection." Raphael called out, his sassy tone making the corners of my lips twitch into a smile.

Raphael Parkers, certified woman-hater and sass-mouthed manager. He was witty and clever with all his retorts that you wouldn't be able to blink at the speed they left his mouth. His head was shaven, sun-kissed skin with toned muscles formed his physique. A short man, only coming up under the tip of my nose. I admired his striking green eyes, his button nose, and full lips. Damn, he looked good for a 40-something man that wasn't me.

"Yeah, yeah. My delicious bum is making its way to makeup." I joked, walking past him as I raised both my hands and stretched them out. Raphael eyed me hungrily, his smirk playful as he smacked my ass. I hated when he did that, despite being one of my good friends. But I wasn't going to show it. Hell, I could keep up this perfect facade even in my sleep.