Chapter 5

"Stunned?" Elaine teased, leaning over the bed as she held my chin with her small hand. "Eric, baby, you know silence means your agreement. So, unless you say something, Jordan will remain an interest for you. Whether love or lust, it doesn't matter. I'll know that you look at him the same way you used to look at Riley."

I was literally mute. Honestly, it caught me off guard and I just didn't know how to reply. Sure, I've had these heart-thumping moments but I don't think that's enough reason to set him as a love interest. He didn't even compare to Riley. Because with Riley, I felt a different emotion with him. He would stop my lungs from functioning at the mere sight of him, possessing my heart to beat non-stop. But with Jordan, he just drew me in. My eyes would follow him even when I wasn't even aware. He just commanded my attention and that was something I wasn't used to, since I was always on the other side. However, a potential love interest, huge question mark. All I know is that this man intrigued me to no end, and I wanted to crack him open.

"Eric. You can't be serious?" Elaine mused, letting go of my face and returning to her seat. The disbelief on her face made me cringe inwardly, the urge to burrow under my blankets growing.

How humiliating.

"I want to meet him." She suddenly said, breaking the awkward silence immediately. "This Jordan, Eric. I want to meet him."

I groaned, rubbing my temples tiredly as I eyed her quietly. She was dead serious. No more joking. No more laughing. Just good ol' don't fuck with me attitude.

"Elaine, wait." I said, clutching the sheets on my bed. "Jordan's not what you think he is. I mean, I'm not even sure if he really is interested in me. Wait. That came out wrong. Shit!"

"You little princess. You like this guy. You seriously and undeniably like this guy." She said, amazed at the discovery.

"Well, LIKE is such a strong word. I'd prefer INTRIGUED, if you must continue with this strange conversation." I replied, desperately containing the blush on my cheeks.

Fuck. I was sure as hell astounded as to how the mere topic about this nurse was making me feel. It's sad when you think about it. Here I was, thinking about this bastard while said bastard must be flirting his ass somewhere over the rainbow.

The stabbing pain in my chest started and I immediately regretted thinking about him and some faceless woman getting it on. I don't know what the fuck was up with me and it was messing with my head. To have this attack whenever I think of him with another person is unheard of. I must be sicker than I thought. I should get myself checked and, obviously, not with Jordan around.

"Oh. My. God. You don't even know what his effects on you are. Eric, you're blushing and squirming. And let me tell you, that's not normal! The normal Eric wouldn't even budge at this level of teasing, he'd just come up with some wise-crack answer and leave it at that; but, look at you. Smiling like an idiot and that disgusting dreamy gaze you give when I so much as say his name. This is it! He's definitely the ONE." She yelled happily, clasping her hands together as she looked at me.

"Will you shut up, Elaine?! I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't yell to the heavens of some made-up fantasy of yours." I rolled my eyes at her, ignoring the goofy smile she was wearing as her hands remained clasped in front of her chest. "Seriously. What's with he's the ONE crap? He ain't shit and just leave it there. I don't want him walking in here and finding out you've been spouting lies and fantasies ever since we started this stupid conversation."

I felt a frown and I knew I didn't like where this was going. Elaine had these grandeur fantasies that sometimes sucked me in and I've had enough of those.